Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All!

New rider to the central Florida area. Just picked up a 2007 ZZR600 with 21k miles. Just completed my first oil change and now getting ready to do a coolant flush and fill. A couple things have me a little worried. I know Florida is a HOT state, but I've already seen my bike reach temps of 215 while stuck in traffic or at a light.
Is this normal?

Also, for coolant which is the best mixtures you guys have found for your bikes?

-Joe

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
how does the 50/50 hold up? Any additives?
It holds up really well. I have only swapped it out once or twice in the 70,000 miles I have on the bike (and even then the old coolant didn't look bad). No additives. The temperatures here in Texas range from under 30° - over 100° F.

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It holds up really well. I have only swapped it out once or twice in the 70,000 miles I have on the bike (and even then the old coolant didn't look bad). No additives. The temperatures here in Texas range from under 30° - over 100° F.
Thanks for the input. Going to try and run the Prestone 50/50 mix with Wetter Water. Living in Central Florida I feel the bike is always getting up to 215-225

1 - 11 of 11 Posts