·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went and looked at the last one today, good shape and ran well. Also really loud! I liked it a lot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I went and looked at the last one today, good shape and ran well. Also really loud! I liked it a lot.
that one looks pretty good.and a $1000 buck sounds good.the green one looked good to.do you know anyone that knows anything about bike that can look with you??? if your like me you want something to ride and not work on it more than you ride.i seen a new one 05 when i got my bike this year for like 3988 or something like that.but it was new not used.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would like some opinions on the three I am looking at right now, thanks.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/mcy/830066724.html
Three very different bikes you are looking at that's for sure. Of course I'm partial to the 250 but with new tires, battery, clutch cable, and service. It has a lot going for it even at $1600 assuming they wont move from that number. Book on that year bike with the miles is ~$1700 there may be other things or they don't know the value.

Regardless of which bike you go look at check this url for some tips on looking at bikes. (http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/What_do_I_need_to_know_about_buying_a_used_bike?)

I highly recommend the 250 as a first bike. When set up correctly it is a great bike to learn on and lets you focus on developing skills and not about what the bike may do if you twist a little too hard with the right hand.

And since you said you were new to bikes I would be remiss to not bring up two things that are more important than the bike you end up getting; 1) take a MSF course as soon as possible, you will never regret it and 2) protective gear - helment, jacket, gloves as an absolute minimum boots and pants round it out. The site I gave you has a lot of great information.

Welcome to KF. Search, read, ask, and enjoy.

Keep us posted on how things go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I've already been through all this on another forum, and I think I am pretty well prepared for a bike. Already have plans for a MSF course, and going to get all the gear. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Check it out good before you buy.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
definitely give it a good once over, make sure it runs right too, don't take his word for it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts