Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it go's im new to the forum but have been looking at the site for around 2 months when i got my new 08 zx6r , nice bike and lots of fun , all i can see around here is alote of people giving crap to people about getting a 600 for there first bike, but i will say this and ill probully get crap for saying this but it's not the bike that dose this and yes i understand that if the power is there people are going to use it, but it all comes down to how ballsy are you and what you actually can handle not what you think you can,ive read alote about all these newbie crashing and getting hurt with these powerful bikes, im not complaining to anyone i just want you all to be aware that im not giveing any excuses for what people do, but i am a newbie when it comes to the whole street bike deal it's a totaly different animal to riding dirt bikes growing up but alote the same in ways also. So guess the whole reson im typeing this much is cuase i dont want to hear the whole newbie crap for an answer that im going to ask so please refrain. I crashe dmy bike at 430 am last friday on the way to work and it wasent cuase i was being stupied or doing anything that i shouldent, i was doing 50 mph in 5th gear and i was two miles from the house i had only been on the road for 5 minutes it's an hour trip to work, well all a sudden 6 wild hogs ran out in front of me and i missed them all except for the last one that i thought i had cleared untell i woke up on my back and heard the damn thing in the ditch screaming to beat hell, i diddent break anything but i still have a headache 5 days later i had all my gear on helmet jacket and pants and boots like i always do and i will say that if it wasent for that i probully would be typeing this right now yes it did scare me but not enough not to get riding again asap my bike is in the shop right now suppose to be getting an estimate for the insurance but anyways this is my question, why is my tranny locked up and have you ever heard of the frame slider cracking or messing up the frame , my deal is im trying to figure out if there going to total it out or try to fix it the whole right side of the bike is grinded pretty good both brake levers are sheared off trannys locked up all fairing that could touch the ground when laid down are trashed im not sure if the front wheel is bent or not but when i was pushing it on to the trailer it sounded like it was grinding im wondering if the forks are bent at all, and im sure your all asking if the hog died right well not on impact it just broke his rear legs but i was pissed and high off of adrenaline and proceeded on beating the hell out of it with my helmet and then it died.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
YOUR accident may not have been about starting on a 600, but if it hadn't been for that, you WOULD most likely have had an accident that could only be explained by starting on a 600. not saying everyone does (i didn't, but i knew i did wrong as soon as i bought my bike and tried to make the best of it) but most people will. the only reason i'm still here is LUCK. that's it.

do yourself a favor, tho, and take a class on safe riding. then, get geared up and try out a track day. your skills will grow at an incredible rate if you do...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i took the safety course but havent been to a track day i got it for gas milage and of course the same reason anyone dose. You say bacon o ya im setting up traps in the back of the property and im going to kill as many as possible. O by the way dealership called me today and told me my bike wasent to bad other than cosmetics there wasent anything major wrong with it the tranny is good it was stuck in 4th gear and i thought i was in 1st when i was messing with it , they told me that it would probully be done this weekend , im trying to find a vinal decal that is also reversable of a havalina hog im going to put it on the front fenders of the bike and then im going to have some barb wire vinals put on it , let me no if anyone knows were i could find something like that please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts