Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls. I am new on here at the KawiForums. I just traded a Versys and picking up the Z1000 in the morning. WHOOOOOOOOOOO!:cool:

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Welcome to KawiForums! ;) What part of NC are you from?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nawth Cawlina you say? Welcome!

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I know exactly where your at! My father works out of Lincolnton, for R&K Trucking. Your not far at all! Gimme a yell if you ever wanna ride the mountains up here! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know exactly where your at! My father works out of Lincolnton, for R&K Trucking. Your not far at all! Gimme a yell if you ever wanna ride the mountains up here! :D

When I finally get this Z-Monster, first place to break in for me will BRP....will travel rights by you so will do.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Welcome!

Why did you trade the Versys for a Z1000? Just wondering. I am not sure I am 100% happy with the Versys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome!

Why did you trade the Versys for a Z1000? Just wondering. I am not sure I am 100% happy with the Versys.

I loved my V but a local dealer in Hickory, NC made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. I have learned though, the Z1000 is like the Versys on STEROIDS.

I love it.:wtf: Same riding position sitting on a missle that handles in my opinion better.

I ride through Gastonia everyday. Use to work for the City Police....Former LEO, not EX. I actually quit and went into the private sector.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love this bike but the seat sucks. I found a place up near Maiden, Mean City Cycles. This guy does custom seats or just reworks yours. Getting mine done Saturday. This guy owns several bikes, from the Harley to the Honda CBR1000 and will do any seat. Check them out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome!

I enjoyed the Versys, then I got a Triumph TT600. I had both at the same time. I enjoyed the ride of the Versys and the power of the TT.

While trying to sell the Triumph because I didn't want to keep it, I called a Kawi dealer in Hickory to consign the bike. I told them that I had a Versys and they apparently wanted it for someone. The Z1000 offered me the upright "Comfortable", riding position along with the power and torque that I wanted and got from the Triumph. The Versys is a great bike. After the Triumph though, it through a different factor into my equation. If you have the Versys, you have a great bike. If you want as I said a Versys with a big dose of attitude. Z1000 is the way to go. It does not have a lot of storage space, and you don't want to or probably can't farkle it out for weekend getaways, but I have always been a backpack type of guy anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seat REWORKED

Well, I got the seat recovered on the Z1000 this morning. Not recovered but reworked. Stock orange cover went back on. I had it done at Mean City Cycles in Maiden, NC. Now I feel that I am riding on pillow. If you seat sucks, check these guys out.

You will see my bike on their website soon. It was the first Z1000 they did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts