Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on guy's!!! I just purchased the Titanium ZX-6R about 2 hours ago. This is my first sport bike. I own a Boulevard M50 cruiser which I love to drive but ever so often....I get that bug for speed. I wanted the Yamaha FZ1 at first but once I saw the Kawi...I was sold. Plus, being 6'2" this was the most comfortable of the mid-sized bikes. I have read numerous magazines and website and reviews for the 6R as well as other 600's. The 6R was always mentioned as a great bike.

I look forward to learning more on the forums. I especially like the "fenderkit". I will venture over to the other threads for "flush turn signal" mods one day.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Nice bike(s) and welcome to the forum.

--David

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's. I completed my first ride yesterday(put 70 miles on it collectively). Very different experience from a cruiser. One problem, my hands(palms) were killing me. My right hand went numb a few times as well as the left. I wear Icon gloves(new ones with the Crest). Any suggestions? If I am posting in the wrong spot, please let me me know.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mr Crunk,

Firstly, welcome. Second, sore wrists/palms/hands are par for the course with this bike. However, there are lots of things you can do to minimize the pain. The most important thing (IMO) is to always remember to try to transfer the majority of your weight through your legs (grip the tank with your knees), back and stomach muscles. As you start out, if you constantly remind yourself of this, it will eventually become second nature. The more stressful the sitaution, the harder it will be to remember.

At the same time try to froce yourself to remember not to stangle the grips. good luck, be safe.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like the "pooch" in the pic. I have a Pug and she loves to sit on my cruiser.

The helmet is a Icon Mainframe Skull or "Spec Ops". I believe it has 2 names. They have a matching leather jacket that's $600.....I'll wait for that. If I spend that much, may as well get a Dainese.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I got it from Global Power Sports(Leo's Kawasaki on Summer Ave.) They recently moved to a bigger better location in Collierville on High 71( take Bill Morris Parkway until it runs out and turn left, drive 1/8th of a mile and it's on the left). They will have an "official" Grand Opening Sale in a few weeks and TONS of stuff will be on sale.

Again, they just opened up. The bike was roughly ~$300 higher than Kawasaki of Memphis...but they offered me a $600 in store credit. Could not pass up that deal.

Icon helmet's are nice, alittle on the hot side with all the extra padding. But...I will trade "hot" anyday for a secure fitting helmet.[8D]

·
Registered
114 Posts
is the red flame-like artwork on your bike custom? i'm just wondering cause i just saw the same exact bike in a post in the members pics section. [:M31]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine came factory... just like everyone else's ... 06 SE (special edition) even though it's not really special or even limited.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dam I love that bike, it looks gorgeous... I love that bike so much I got one too, heheh. I got the same Icon helmet too except I got the Manic paint scheme. The venturi air ventilation works pretty good sucking out hot air, but the mouth area ventilation doesn't seem to work very well for me. I still have to crack open the shield on a very hot day, to allow better air flow. Do you have the same problem?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.