Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the subject says im new here, have been reading the forums and such for a long time, but this is my first time posting.

Anyway I got my 250 in April (23rd) and have put about 1200 miles on it since and im loving it. I am at a point where i am really comfortable with the bike(scraping pegs does not startle me anymore:D.

Just thought I would post some pics of my bike...
Aftermarket List:
full Muzzy carbon fiber exhaust,
fender eliminator,
front flush mount turn signals,
smoke rear tail lenses w/ integrated turn signals(my favorite part of the bike)

I plan to do a polished lip and get some BT45's...though the guy who had the bike before me left me plenty of rubber on the outside

My future plans are to run this till winter and then next April i will probably be selling it and getting a sport touring bike, more sport than tour (not sure if i will get a 650R, zzr600, or sv650)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks nice.. I'm tempted to get one of these myself, except I think I'm too used to the 500's extra bit of power... have you carried passengers o your 250?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
nice bike and exhaust... you shouldnt be scraping pegs... adjust your body position and lean further off the bike and itll prevent you from scraping pegs;)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
bike looks great! don't forget the woodcraft rearsets!! those will help with peg scraping issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, glad everyone likes the bike. Personally i love the look of it now that i have everything done to it.

I probably would get the rearsets except im not going to be spending to much more money on her since i will be getting rid of her in about 10 months anyway(wont be able to ride it in about 4 months...i hate PA winters).

I have not rode 2up on the 250 yet and probably wont. My girlfriend refuses to ride it and my friend won’t let me around his sister ;) b/c i think she gets all hot and bothered around me since i have got the bike (She said "guys on motorcycles are so hot, if your gf doesnt want to ride w/ you i will"), so she is out of the question for 2up also even though she would love to. Maybe after a i get another bike i will see if one of my buddies will try 2up with me.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
why won't your girl ride 2 up with you? from what i understand, the little ninjas have a pretty secure seating position for the passenger- compared to the supersport models, that is.

my b/f's vintage bike broke down last summer and he ride my ninjette with me on the back about 30 miles home. we were able to keep up with traffic just fine. he says we were doing an indicated 90, which isn't too bad, considering together we probably weigh 300 lbs!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is just scared b/c it is smaller....she doesnt understand that it wont be that bad i guess. Her and her family were upset when i got the bike b/c they have had friends die on them, so her mom said htat she inst allowed to ride the bike at all. Oh well i guess what are ya gonna do.

Personally though I wouldnt mode riding 2up on the 250, I just havnt done it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.