Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personaly I love it. Its like a cruiser and a sportbike made whoopie in the year 2080 and sent their 1832cc 6cylinder baby bike back in time. Its got an all digital gauge panel indside the tank.
well whatever Judge for yourself.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I sat on one of these at the dealer. The thing is massive. I think over 800 lbs.

It's basically a beefed up Valkyrie, which in turn is a stripped down and beefed up Goldwing. I didn't read the Runes specs, but the '03 Valkyries had 100 HP and 100 ft lb of torque, and you know the Rune is tuned over that, so I'd say that's pretty damn impressive if you ask me. I am sure it will mow any Harleys down.

I think it's a tad too much for me personally, but I can see it being real popular for the Non-Harley cruiser guys. And we all know we could use cruiser gus on the road without the Harley attitude. So I hope this sells well.

At the dealership most people that looked at it commented the exhaust didn't look right and the front headlight and chrome eyebrow assembly was way too big.

I personally didn't like the radiator appearance, and in addition to that, the dash, while digital, left a lot to be desired. I agreed with most thinking the headlight had to go, but I really thought the exhaust was cool.

My ehart still belongs to sport bikes, but to admit though, that Rune is beefy looking.

-Flash

·
Registered
618 Posts
My dealer has already sold two of those elephants. My jaw dropped. I asked them if they thought it was a risk to buy 5 to sell them, and they were afraid to buy even one! But from what I hear, a lot of older gentleman seem interested. I like the new cruiser look, retro, but I'd never ride that beast.

·
Registered
331 Posts
id much rather have a real V-ROD than Honda's version of one...
(thats right. i just said id rather own a Harley than a Honda [:p])

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I knew someone would mention a V-Rod. Nice bike, even thought it's a Harley. And they are a lot smaller than a Rune.

You think a Harley guy has an attitude, a Harley V-Rod guy has a REALLY BIG attitude.

-Flash

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I ever got (had $ to spend that is) a cruiser I'd still pick the V-Rod myself. To each his own...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by Flash Ahhh

You think a Harley guy has an attitude, a Harley V-Rod guy has a REALLY BIG attitude.

-Flash
thats interesting. ive heard that Harley guys dont really consider the V-ROD a "Harley" Harley, because its water cooled and doesnt really sound like a "real" harley... the owners have big attitudes??

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by NX MX5

Originally posted by Flash Ahhh

-Flash
thats interesting. ive heard that Harley guys dont really consider the V-ROD a "Harley" Harley, because its water cooled and doesnt really sound like a "real" harley... the owners have big attitudes??
Doesn't sound like a real harley? I'm certainly no expert on harley engine sounds, but I saw a spot on discovery, were harley spent big mula and lots of man hours to get it to sound like a harley. Apparently they felt the sound is what would make or break it, even if that meant compromising performance. I wonder if harley riders can really tell the difference? Anyone heard this bike and know?

·
Registered
331 Posts
the fact that it is water-cooled is a big part of the reason it doesnt sound like a "Harley". Thats probably why they had to do tons of research and spend lots of money on it to get it close. im sure a set of screamin' eagles would help fix that right quick... :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Rune is an awesome ride. Honda just made to show that they can. The guys at Motorcycledaily.com loved the sound of it's "weird" exhaust. The sketch of the bike was made 1st and they designed the engine and all the other parts around it. It's another way of Honda of showing that they can make anything if they want to.

Screw the V-Rod the Rune is the cruiser to buy.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Rune is so freakishly repugnant that I have no choice but to love it. Now, would I buy one? Hell no! Would I ride one given the chance? Hell yeah! To each his own...I love my Ninja!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.