Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on numberous posts that state the jumper mod is effective for bikes with and without exhaust. I understand this mod to tweak the butterfly valve in the exhaust. This valve went with the stock exhaust. What is the benefit to those with aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by 06 6three6
I have seen on numberous posts that state the jumper mod is effective for bikes with and without exhaust. I understand this mod to tweak the butterfly valve in the exhaust. This valve went with the stock exhaust. What is the benefit to those with aftermarket exhaust?
I don't beleive it has any effect if you put a new exhaust on. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas but it only works with the stock exhaust.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
Originally posted by EDT007
This topic should clear up any questions you might have: http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61735

P.S.-Hope Hoser doesn't see this thread...i think heads are gonna roll if he does...LOL [8)]
LMFAO....... If I can make the trip, I'm gonna try and ride with Hoser and his boys tomorrow. I'm gonna make him take off the seat and show me his jumper mod!!!! :):):)

·
Registered
515 Posts
It actually work w/ both STOCK and AFTERMARKET cans. It's true that it manipulates the exhaust vavle for top end power, but it's also true that it tweaks the ECU for the power gained up top...

To close this thread, DO THE DAMN MOD w/ whatever set up you plan on going! wether it be stock cans w/ vavle or it be a full system, B&M, PC3, ect.. ect..
You will find that flat spot above 13K go away w/ whatever set up you have........

·
28,939 Posts
[:M7]STICKY STICKY STICKY!!! MODS, ADMIN... MAKE A STICKY!!!! There are like 3 different posts about the damn wire mod on the main page right now...LOL

im not trying to bash anybody for asking questions, because i did the same thing last year... just think it would be a huge help to get a decent sticky on this since everybody asks about it eventually?

[:M7][:M7][:M7][:M7][:M7]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just do it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did the mod about a week ago but didnt feel much if anything so i wanted to clarify. Thanks for all the responses. Definatly should be a sticky!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
You must of done the mod incorrectly...

REMOVE and try again, and get back to this thread to keep us updated if you try and redo the MOD....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
man i opened this thread thinking omg there is actually a real "new jumper mod question" ....

·
Registered
301 Posts
i feel you honger but what burns me is the exhaust questions, o the exhaust questions. 40 pages in the exhaust sticky arent enough.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have heard two different answers for this simple question, so will somebody that knows what they're talking about clarify this for me. I have removed the stock exhaust (and hence the cables and servo) to install an Akra slipon. However, I also did the jumper mod as soon as I bought my bike. So the question is, "will the jumper mod still be effective?"

·
Registered
639 Posts
I want to know ow this mod has any effect on the butterfly valve in the top end, if you dont realize that when you that high in the rev's the valve is completely open.

I did the mod on my bike and it worked and I had a slipon then a full system on my 05 636 so I know what it does.

I think it some what of a TRE like on the ZX10 and GSXR 1000

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, except the TRE is supposed to clean up the power lag only in the first three gears whereas the jumper mod is supposed to keep the power on past a certain RPM no matter what gear you're in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.