Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i found this forum on google and looks cool. Used to be into cars and thought id try bikes so i bought an 02' Kawi zx6r after taking some professional lessons.

Im very happy with it after my first ride today :)
and my boys 05' 636 riding in the rain :(

Anyone know how to lower the bike?(newb)

N

·
0 Posts
dont lower it. u will wanna raise it back up when u get some more experience and start leaning on the turns (personal experience).

im only 5'7, cant flat foot at all but i will never lower any bike i own again. oh yea nice bike and color.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess i can flat foot the bike being 5'10" so ill take it one step at a time. Previous owner changed the oil 3 months ago but how soon should i change the oil and other services? I looked at the book and there's a rediculous amount of maintanance at 7k miles. The bike rides mint now should i get it serviced?

·
Registered
197 Posts
[:Welcome]you should change the oil now and every 2000mi or 2 months imo i use 10/40 for motorcycles not car and a kawi filter [:M88]

N

·
0 Posts
definitely change the oil ASAP. u dont HAVE to do all the maintenance stuff that it calls for right now. i would however do spark plugs as they can give u major headaches if they go bad. mine didnt wanna start one morning b/c of 'em.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I popped the plastic cap off on the right side where the oil goes in and it looked brand new. Is there a reason to change oil so frequently? What about synthetic? If i was using 10w40 synthetic i should ignore the recomended instructions on it (change every 6k miles)?

Also it would help if i knew where the clutch fluid is.

N

·
0 Posts
just change it every 3k miles. with synthetic u can go longer, but i still like changing it at every 3k. the oil goes in the right side cover. clutch, engine and transmission share the same oil.

·
Registered
96 Posts
sup everyone i am new to this. i just bought a 2004 zx6r . it has only 960 miles on it bike is brand new. how important is the 500 mile service and where can i go to buy an air filter thats not k&n. thanks for any help

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
theres a shop a couple blocks north of coney island ave and foster. They service and sell kawi's and im sure they have what you need. Probably riding friday if any brooklyn people want to join

N

·
0 Posts
flathead scredriver, pry the center part up, then just pull the whole thing with ur fingers.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Are you maybe referring to the cold start lever?? It is called the "choke" lever, but that is inaccurate, as the 2003+ models are fuel injected. Either way, I think that is what you are asking about.

--David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.