Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats goin on everybody? New to the forum. Second rear riding but just bought my first bike... this was always the place I came whenever I had questions so it seemed fitting that I just create an account so I could learn as much as possible. My bike is an 03 ZX9R with 7500. I acquired it petty cheap through a trade from someone who didnt take very good care of it. The engine would bog down at about 7000rpm but I have a friend who works on bikes and said he could fix it so in we went. He had been riding it w ith no air filter (f*ing idiot) and there was dirt and insects cogging up my carbs and jets. Had those taken apart cleaned and put back and added a k&n for good measure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Brakes tires flash mounts windshield integrated leds on the tail... its really coming together and now I have a bike that moves!

Just wanted to make an introductory thread and say hi to everyone. I will be posting more bec I have questions about a few more things but I am fairly new to this scene so any and all opinions and\or useful pieces of information toward a newer rider are welcomed... hope to see some of you on the road

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Welcome. Nice bike. It's quite big for a starter bike, be careful and good luck. Be sure to check the stickies for frequently asked questions, there is a lot of good info on the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Yea I understand its larger for a less experienced rider but the opportunity presented itself bec I knew someone who could fix what was wrong with it... I have to admit once the carbs were cleaned and the intake fixed the power surprised me...but im not the biggest speed demon on road the road and its comfortable to ride so its working out so far.

What are stickies?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
At the top of every section, there are 'stickied' threads, which are threads that stay at the top of the section all the time because of the important information or FAQ answers they contain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts