Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
New bike but not new to KAWS....

Got this about 30 days ago.....GOT my 1000 miles and wanted to know what all entails the first service and should I go to a shop?

I was just gonna change the oil myself and adjust the chain.....is there more that goes into the first service...and oh yeah

THE BLACK ONES ARE FASTER!

RoadRunnaz/Synergy Scope 4 Life,

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've done two oil changes, second one at around 1200 miles, first at around 100 miles. You could buy a service manual, but honestly the owner's manual outlines recommended service intervals and the work recommended at each, just follow along with that. Nothing to dumping the oil, though, don't be afraid to tackle that yourself...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

I've done two oil changes, second one at around 1200 miles, first at around 100 miles. You could buy a service manual, but honestly the owner's manual outlines recommended service intervals and the work recommended at each, just follow along with that. Nothing to dumping the oil, though, don't be afraid to tackle that yourself...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."
Thanks to both replies:

to CDN:

I know how to change the oil...I was just wondering if there was anything else that goes on during that first service that requires me to take it an authorized dealer...likeing regapping the spark plugs or something like that.

RoadRunnaz/SSR 4 Life http://www.roadrunnaz.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.