Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :D

New to the fold but i have tried searching for my problem but to no avail!!

I fitted a new Leo Vince can and downpipe to my new baby - looks and sounds sweet (pics to follow). I have installed the FI light fix to the best of my knowledge correctly however, when the ignition is turned on the new washer thingy is spasming out of control! Is this supposed to happen? I thought it would stop after a while but it seems to me that it keeps moving quickly from one side to the other permanently?

Please can someone at least put my mind at rest or tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Chris [:I]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure? cos it didn't move all the time when i had the standard exhaust on??

It continually moves with just the ignition switched on. Should this happen??

Thanks for your reply driftervin! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's fine. I have the same exhaust and the FI fix does bounce around when the bike is started.

Also throw a PCIII on there if you don't already have one; really smooths the bike out.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to sound dumb if i am repeating myself but i don't even have to start the bike for it to keep jiggering around. All i do is one click of the key (ignition on) without the engine on and it keeps moving quickly back and forth??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats normal. The servo is trying to close the valve. As long as the FI light doesn't come on then your fine. However make sure you really tighten the bolt down as mine as loosened itself after a 1000 miles. I just check every 500 miles or so to make sure its still tight. PM me if you have any questions and I can take a pic of what it should look like if you are still unsure.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thanks TurboDub - as long as you're sure it's supposed to do it all the time then i'm ok with that. Thanks for your help. :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yup... I've got the same pipe, and mine did the same thing. Got tired of it though, and just yanked the servo out. Works wonders now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It should do it a few times but not all the time. There was a post not too long ago that someone explained how to actually fix the fit it is having. I think it was turn the bike on and then off when it is at its furthest point of rotation and then put your fi fix back on so it is lined up properly. I didnt have that issue with mine so I dont know for sure. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also have the same pipe on my bike and had the same problem. Now im curious about taking the servo off the bike for good. Can anyone give me a how too on that and dose it make the Fi light come back on? The power commander helped my bike out a lot runs so smooth now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.