Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i'm a new member... my 91 mr2 turbo got stolen and i really didn't want to get into the car thing again... so since i've been riding my brother in laws 06 636 around i wanted to grab one...

so i found an 04 with 3,400 km's on her for 6k... (canadian) it's basically a brand new bike which i bought off a girl... the orignal tires actually still on it..

anyways i was wondering where i could get those DIY flushmounts from??? i've googled it but can't seem to find it:/

heres a pic of my bike:)

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Welcome. Nice lookin' bike. You might wanna go ahead and put some blinkers on the front of it, m'kay?

Anyway, a word to the wise. Sportbike tires are made from a soft compound that will dry out a crack over time. If you're planning on hitting up any twisty roads w/that, you might wanna look into new tires (regardless of thread wear).

Just my .02. Have fun w/it and good luck.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
welcome aboard, as far as the flush mounts go, its not a 100% perfect fit but they look 10 times better than the stock ones and they're cheap =) http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_FM1&tier2=14
cycle gear has some and im sure our sponsors here can also help you out. ive used the LP ones with great success. the only slight mod to do on them is if you buy the ones with the plastic nut, dab some super glue (very carefully) on them so that the nut does not back out with vibration. be carefull because super glue will damage your fairing but also helps melt/bond the plastic nut to the LP flushmount housing.

there are other brands that can sell for $60 or higher but LP has the same (IMO) for under $20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts