Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new member to site but not to riding , i currently ride a 650 ERF , my partner has a 2018 Z 250SL which has a spark issue, it turns over fine but will not start as it will only spark once then stop sparking .I have taken the spark plug cap off and put only the HT lead to the frame
but again one spark then nothing so any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows what the issue may be.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The problem sounds like fuel pump trouble - I hope it's not the case though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still need help with this , I think the bike has a dual CDI / ECU would a dodgy one of these cause a spark issue. Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all new member to site but not to riding , i currently ride a 650 ERF , my partner has a 2018 Z 250SL which has a spark issue, it turns over fine but will not start as it will only spark once then stop sparking .I have taken the spark plug cap off and put only the HT lead to the frame
but again one spark then nothing so any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows what the issue may be.
Cheers
No spark could be a number of things but being a 2018, it might be as simple as a plug boot not connected to the plug wire. Find an unused spark plug wire (you can even pull one from your bike or a car) put it on the bike and use it to check for spark. If you have spark, the plug wire was the problem. Sometimes brushing against or kicking the boot will dislodge it from the wire, even pulling the boot to change plugs can dislodge it if it was stuck and a lot of force was used to pull it. Also, make sure the plug wire was inserted in the coil properly, connections at both ends of the plug wire can get disconnected...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts