Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've got a 87 zx750R. It's been completly rebuilt from grond up. Since the rebuild its been blowing headlight bulbs left and right. I've figured out that this always happens when I kill the engine with the key. I've replaced the reserve lighting device, and it did'nt help. Now I don't have a clue what it is. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
i would suspect the ignition switch ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the qwick response. I've replaced the ignition switch also. Do to a lost key. I've also noticed that when I kill the engine with the key. The light will get real bright. Like its putting to many volts to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll check all my wires , and grounds today . I'll repost the results later. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'd check every wire running to them, i.e. all the grounds and connections involved. Best of luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well It looks like i will have plenty of time to figure this problem out. Went to my shop two days ago to check out these wires. got there , and wormed my bike up. rode it across town. before i got back. i'll be damded if a rod started knocking. Good news is it did no intensive damage to the crank. Just one rod bearing. Anyways thought I might share the joy. Ill be sure to let yall know about any other developments. Or progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts