Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here hoping for some guidance on reassembly of a basket case ZX6R.

No stranger to bikes, but new to sport/supersport bikes.

I have a complete aftermarket fairing set which I purchased with all new hardware, sorted a few missing fairing supports, replaced a fork leg due to a broken fender mount, rebuilt the master cylinders, new headlight assembly etc etc. Rerouted all of the radiator hoses that were completely wrong and causing coolant to run out of the reservoir using the manual. so on and so on.

When it comes to reassembly, since I didn't take the thing apart myself I'm not sure what end to start at.

What I planned to do was load the headlight assembly, city light, mirrors, cross brace and gauge cluster all into the top fairing and install that in one assembly. Is that the best way to attack that?

Also, finding all the mounting spots for fuse block, relays, tip over switch, is going to suck but Im sure it will start coming together.

Any tips on where to start? Front? Back? Load the top fairing and install complete?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Load the top fairing and install! It will come back off to sort the wiring harness and front brake.

I have a whole extra set of those white unpainted fairings also. I havent taken apart the tail yet to address the integrated taillight and mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts