Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came home from work on May 6, 2011 and my wife and kids were waiting in the garage with a new toy... 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE in Ebony/White
I'm a big guy at 6'3" so I'd probably fit better on a bigger bike but having never ridden a day in my life, having a problem with lead foot, and cost, this is a great way for me to start and earn my wife's trust hehe

2 Miles on the ODO, waiting for me when i got home from work

about 25 miles on the ODO trying my best to follow supposed proper break-in procedure

350-ish miles under my belt, I took my first trip on the freeway, went down to a buddies house about 30 miles away, changed the oil and filter for the first time then went out for a ride, he wanted to try my bike so I was on his in a narrow canyon, got scared on a turn and went off the shoulder. only injury i got was missing flesh from my arm, but did 850 bucks in damage to the plastics on his bike...

Out for a ride, about 500 miles

Plates, insurance went through, 2/3 legal! time to celebrate with a fender chop!

As she sits with 717 miles

Things I need and am looking for good prices on:
For Sure-
-Proper riding gear
-Double Bubble
-Red Underglow
Maybe some day-
-Exhaust
-Rejet
Have but not installed-
-15 tooth front sprocket -free
-cracked hot bodies undertail -free

Any advice on the stuff i want to get would be great, looking for cheap but good/safe

Thanks guys!

· Registered
120 Posts
For sure, get riding gear first. So many threads on this site about people getting messed up cuz they have no gear. Nice job cutting the rear fender off, looks nice and clean from the picture. As far as buying stuff for your 250....EBAY is the way to go, best prices and they pretty much have everything. Hope your arm feels better!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For sure, get riding gear first. So many threads on this site about people getting messed up cuz they have no gear. Nice job cutting the rear fender off, looks nice and clean from the picture. As far as buying stuff for your 250....EBAY is the way to go, best prices and they pretty much have everything. Hope your arm feels better!
Yep, I realized even before my wreck that I needed gear, just a lack of knowledge on what to get other than a helmet holding me back. The fender job could have been a little cleaner, i let the dremel and razor knife slip in a few places, you can only see from close up though so meh :) The arm is doing just fine, the last of the major scabbing fell off today.

Scary u went off but not ur bike? plus u weren't wearing a jacket?
I was taking a hairpin curve and it kinda psyched me out, wasn't even going that fast and I let off the gas, then realized that was a mistake and couldn't brake without locking up so i aimed for a clear spot to go off the shoulder, trouble was there was a 6 inch drop off the asphalt into the gravel/dirt and i failed to ride it out. The bike low sided on the left with me on it. Had to replace all the plastic on the left side of the bike, a 2009 250R Green/Black SE. I had a long sleeve shirt on and some $10 goat skin gloves. My hand did great, but the sleeve rolled up and my arm got cheese grated. I really am lucky it was my only injury and i realize that i am not properly attired...

· Registered
132 Posts
Dont worry, you'll get better and better with time. Plus you'll learn from your mistake, like not wearing gear, and taking corners better. My advice, open up a book, take a class, or check Youtube, there are a lot of great videos for tips on riding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.