Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, just checking in! I actually don't ride a ZX-6R but my wife (well I do ride it, when she lets me) does and this looked like a great place to get info on the bike. I do ride a R1 so I hope nobody minds me hanging around. Any way my wife has a 2002 6R and she loves it, almost as much as I love working on it! Here are a few pics and Thanks ... Lee

"Those whom the gods would destroy they first make proud"

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
hows the wife like the corbin? Is it any more comfy than the stock...

also does it lower the seat height all at and if so, did this help take preasure off her wrists?

I'm trying to convert my zx-6r into a nice comfy sport tourer ;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
12 Posts
dang that looks alot like my bike lol

i have the same undertail, same rear stand, and a green '02. i've been wanting to put the flushmounts on, but i've heard that you have to grind at the fairing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:
hows the wife like the corbin? Is it any more comfy than the stock...

also does it lower the seat height all at and if so, did this help take preasure off her wrists?
She loves the Corbin, it is definitely more comfy. As to the ride height I am not sure but it feels like it at least towards the rear of the seat.
It does not feel any lighter on the wrists though but I personally have not put many miles on it with the new seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:
dang that looks alot like my bike lol

i have the same undertail, same rear stand, and a green '02. i've been wanting to put the flushmounts on, but i've heard that you have to grind at the fairing.
The flush mounts were quite easy to put on and yes there was a dremel tool involved. Robert at Graphic Arts has a good install section on the how to part. I would gladly answer any questions if anyone is going to attempt this mod. It was definitely worth it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
my only problem would be if my bike would pass the PA inspection here if I did all of those mods...

anyone how strict bike inspection is?

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
147 Posts
andy--

depends a little on the dealer, some are more strict then others. the dealer i take mine to, (honda/bmw motorsports, carlise pike in mechanicsburg), is pretty cool on most things. i got through with some bum tires and illegal turn signals on the back. they or course "alerted" me of both problems but passed it anyways (and it helped that i ordered new tires with them that same day). it seems to me that inspections are really picky about tires, but when you only have two touching the ground rather then four maybe they should be...

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.