Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 ZZR600 bought couple of years ago. Last week hard to start. Start up then die. Turned up idle and eventually got running. Rode about an hour then died at a stop sign. Eventually started and died 2 blocks later. Engine turns but won't start. Checked battery and bought new fuel filter. No go. Will read through posts and see if I can find help. FYI I'm 63 years old and sold my 89 Yamaha FJ1200 (bought new) and 83 Kaw 750 for the newer 600.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my name ist Ivan and came from Austria/Europe.
Last month i buy a 636c 2006 and i´am very happy :) its realy a nice bike.
Last 10 years i had a lot of suzuki gsxr and this is my first kawasaki.
i also has read, that i can change my cluster to a 2009 cluster with the adapter from Extr400 :)
so thats all for the first ;)
see you, Ivan

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Hello my name ist Ivan and came from Austria/Europe.
Last month i buy a 636c 2006 and i´am very happy :) its realy a nice bike.
Last 10 years i had a lot of suzuki gsxr and this is my first kawasaki.
i also has read, that i can change my cluster to a 2009 cluster with the adapter from Extr400 :)
so thats all for the first ;)
see you, Ivan
Hi Ivan and welcome to the forum :smile2:

I've ridden through the weinstrasse in Stryria/southern Austria a couple of years ago and really liked it.

I also like your new bike, ride it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: 2007 zzr-600

2007 ZZR600 bought couple of years ago. Last week hard to start. Start up then die. Turned up idle and eventually got running. Rode about an hour then died at a stop sign. Eventually started and died 2 blocks later. Engine turns but won't start. Checked battery and bought new fuel filter. No go. Will read through posts and see if I can find help. FYI I'm 63 years old and sold my 89 Yamaha FJ1200 (bought new) and 83 Kaw 750 for the newer 600.

That's a very good bike, I ride a 2005 ZZR-600 now and owned another one before that. Hope you get the running issues fixed up. It's a straight forward machine and I've never had trouble keeping it tuned. Seems like you're going to have to go thru all the basics - compression, valve timing, ignition, then carburetion to find what's up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so it looks like the points on my fuel pump are all jacked up. Do I need specialty parts for this specific bike or can I get automotive or lawnmower stuff to work. When looking at OEM fuel pumps did not see separate parts listed. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts