Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after two trips to Deals Gap and 3634 miles on the stock D207 Dunlops it was time for a tire change. The front tire was really starting to cup, especially on the left side. So I took my ZZR to the dealership this morning a 10am and got my bike back a little after 2pm today. It's been raining allot here is south eastern Indiana so I'm going to have to wait to run the tires in really good.

They sure are purdy:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think my stock tires lasted 6000 something miles. you're gonna fall in love with those mitch's you got...they'll tear those D207s out the frame if you got the balls. it'll take you maybe a week or two to get used to how much farther (and faster) you can lean over and drag your toes on the ground. It's amazing!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I concur. I was surprised at how much better the Pilot Powers are. I hit the Michilin Man on the side of the tread after a week of riding on them. I hate the rain, the whole "Florida Ice" thing, but the pilots stick to the wet pavement as well as (if not better than) the D207's did on dry pavement. 1,500 miles later and very little wear on the tread, the back tire is still nice and round. I love 'em :D.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I'll try to lean her over farther than this, perhaps

·
Registered
312 Posts
LOL

I felt like that all the time trying to keep up with everyone else in twisties (yes, we have about .7 miles worth of twisties in florida)

I thought it was because most of em were literbikes...naw it was my back tire....I'd match speed with them coming into a turn and wind up in the other lane while people passed me on the inside...now i can carve the inside (like, right where the pavement ends and people's yards starts) and hold that line.

I still havent found the point of almost no return yet. Just the other day i felt cocky as hell and took a 35mph highway merging offramp @ 65-75 mph and by the time i got to the bottom of it, i was accelerating out of 3rd gear @ 90something mph...crazy what a new set of tires will do for you...just dont let it get to your head like i did

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by selfinfliction
what do you guys think about the diablos? i need to get a new set on mine.. not sure which ones to go with
I see your from Cincy. I live near Lawrenceburg Indiana[8D]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure no problem[8D]

·
Registered
312 Posts
what do you guys think about the diablos? i need to get a new set on mine.. not sure which ones to go with
I got those on my bike now. It's a COMPLETELY different world when you're able to take turns like you SHOULDbe able to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally posted by 2Slow2tedius

I got those on my bike now. It's a COMPLETELY different world when you're able to take turns like you SHOULDbe able to.
I feel the same. The new Metzeler M3's are phenominal tires also. Very sticky. Quick warm up. Excelent wear. So far about 2,000 miles on the set.Very Very happy with them. Its ammazing how much better you ride with a lil confidence in your tires. d208 suck

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I just got these tires not too long ago, switched from the meztlers, but so far I have had no problems with them what so ever. I took them up to the twisties last weekend and loved the way they felt on the road. I purchased mine online the cheapest price I found was around 241 shipped. This was for 180/55 and 120/70 (not 65), I got them from buymoto.com if your interested.

·
Registered
181 Posts
if u guys get a chance try the new qualifiers that came out a wile ago...those suckers stick like a mad man..i had a diablo rear tire on(not a full set cuz my front tire was still ok) and these tires feal just like if not beter than the diablo corsas..i love em both so i dont know if i should go bak to the corsas or not[xx(]

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have used both the Powers and Diablos on the track and the Pilots are definately a better tire. The Diablos are not really a track tire, but I am slow and was able to get away with it, but they were definately at their limits and one mistake and I 'd have spun the rear out. For the street the Diablos are great and love them. If werent for the fact that the Powers have better grip, cost about the same, and wear as well as the Diablos, perhaps even better, I would keep using them.

I really cant think of anything that the Diablos do better than the Powers to make them worth purchasing. Not that the Diablos are a bad tire by any means for street riding.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by ffej
I have used both the Powers and Diablos on the track and the Pilots are definately a better tire. The Diablos are not really a track tire, but I am slow and was able to get away with it, but they were definately at their limits and one mistake and I 'd have spun the rear out. For the street the Diablos are great and love them. If werent for the fact that the Powers have better grip, cost about the same, and wear as well as the Diablos, perhaps even better, I would keep using them.

I really cant think of anything that the Diablos do better than the Powers to make them worth purchasing. Not that the Diablos are a bad tire by any means for street riding.
:)hmmmm...maybe ill try those next if u put it that way haha[:M10]

·
Registered
312 Posts
I bought the diablos out of the two because they are supposed to last a little longer.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I got the Metzeler M3's and love them also. I got about 5700 out of stocks. Its interesting how simular the tread patterns are of the pilots and m3's.. whos copying who? Enjoy your new hoops.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by freebird5150
I got the Metzeler M3's and love them also. I got about 5700 out of stocks. Its interesting how simular the tread patterns are of the pilots and m3's.. whos copying who? Enjoy your new hoops.
Lucky you getting 5700 miles out of the stock tires. Aggresive riding from two trips to Deals Gap took it's toll on my D207's. Big time cupping on the front and the rear was really toasted too.:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.