Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the new Michelin Dual compound Pilot Powers? Just saw them in a catalog the other day.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
They're shit. Thumbs down.

lol...just kidding.

Same center wear as the original PP, worse side wear as the original PP, better grip, same vague feedback. So if you don't ever really listen to what your bike's telling you, and just throw it around...then I suppose they'd be decent tires. But if you actually push the limits of traction, I'd recommend a tire that will actually let you know where that limit is. Metzler tires are excellent in that regard, particularly the new-ish M3. And the M3's cost less than PP 2CT's, and they last longer, and they grip better. So...if you want to go Michelin, go ahead. I'm biased. [:p]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Man don't listen to dragknt!!!;) On the street they feel alot like the regular PP, I don't ride dangerous enough to notice a difference at least.... but on the track the grip is unbelievable. They heat up very quick, and the front tire is sticky as hell. Dragknt is right about front tire feel somewhat. front tire feedback is "null", you really just gotta trust the front....believe me....i have pushed them hard and the grip is incredible...no slips or slides..and they didn't get greasy.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt

lol...just kidding.

Same center wear as the original PP, worse side wear as the original PP, better grip, same vague feedback. So if you don't ever really listen to what your bike's telling you, and just throw it around...then I suppose they'd be decent tires. But if you actually push the limits of traction, I'd recommend a tire that will actually let you know where that limit is. Metzler tires are excellent in that regard, particularly the new-ish M3. And the M3's cost less than PP 2CT's, and they last longer, and they grip better. So...if you want to go Michelin, go ahead. I'm biased. [:p]

I have a set of M3's on my bike now and they don't have the turn in or grip of the pilot powers, and I'm talking about the regular pilot powers. My friend has the 2ct pilot powers on his 600rr and he told me they're amazing. i haven't tried them yet... but the one set of pilot powers I had were awesome, and lasted over 9k as well with my hamfisted self on a 9r. They handled awesome, and that was before I even switched to a 180 rear.

I got a good deal on the m3's and their fine for the cold weather over the winter, but I will probably always use Pilot Powers when buying new.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just curious...have you ever had a set of the new Pilot Powers?

Originally posted by dragknt

lol...just kidding.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by InsaneSaki<br>Just curious...have you ever had a set of the new Pilot Powers?
I ran a set of regular PP's and I hated them. Enough that I won't touch another set of Michelins with a ten foot pole. So no. But I've known people who have run the new PP 2CT's.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Anyone try both the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III 2ct and the pp2 ct? I have regular pp's on now and bought the pirelli's during the special, but i still have a lotta life left in the pp's so i probably wont switch over for a while. So I'm just curious i guess. I remember hoser saying he liked the pirellis when he switched over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me and a buddy went to Barber this year in april to the AMA Superbike race and he bought a set of take-off's from a racer for $40.They were Dunlop Sportmax GP's.That tire is what all the guys were running in the 600 class I guess because thats the rules maybe, don't know for sure. But these tires are expensive as hell ,the front is like over $200 and the rear is over $300 from what I saw in a catalog.I guess they're some bad ass tires. He put them on his zx-10 and loves them .They only had 4 qualifying sessions on them and still had a ton of tread left.

body buys are 50 or 55 series.He had to take off the rear tire fender hugger so it would fit.And there was about 1/4" clearance between the tire and swingarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.