Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us know this, and others may not. If history lends us any reference, we shall be seeing the new 2007 sportbike line-up in about a week. The last week of August and into the first week of September is traditially the time when the major motorcycle companies have been unveiling their new sport models to the world. Check out the Motorcycledaily.com archives.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/bikes.html

I was at the Kawi dealer last week. He told me that although Kawi hasn't said anything about any specific model, he does know that they are going to announce 7 new models for 07. I don't know if these are all sport bikes, but I don't doubt that 2 or 3 of them will be. This is a VERY exciting time. I just hope that in laying my eyes on the new bike, I'm not left disappointed the way I was when I saw the new zx10. Although it took a little time for that bike to grow on me, I was not as stunned with the bike as I was when I saw the new 05 zx6r. What will the bike look like? What kind of engine displacement will it have? What will it weight? What will the exhaust look like? How will it perform? What will the rev ceiling be? Will there be a new, larger, middle weight version? Perhaps a gixxer750 killer, the ZX8R?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm on the edge of my chair in anticipation of the announcement.

·
Registered
639 Posts
All Im waiting for is to see if any of them are gonna release an 800cc machine. But Im def. waiting on the GSXR1000

·
Registered
393 Posts
Please let there be a ZX8R...:)
Please let there be a ZX8R...[8D]
Please let there be a ZX8R...:D
Please let there be a ZX8R...[:p]
Please let there be a ZX8R...[:I]
Please let there be a ZX8R...;)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by sakura
Please let there be a ZX8R...:)
Please let there be a ZX8R...[8D]
Please let there be a ZX8R...:D
Please let there be a ZX8R...[:p]
Please let there be a ZX8R...[:I]
Please let there be a ZX8R...;)
I've always said I want to hold on to my '03 6R, but if there is an 8R, I may change my mind...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about an 800cc? Moto GP bikes are and always have been one off, not even close to what you can get at your local dealer.

What would be the point, an 800 would be so close to a 1000 and we know 1000's are not going anywhere. 600's definately are not going anywhere.

If AMA sbk ever downsizes to 800's then we might see one at our local dealer, until then I would not hold my breath.

If someone does release an 800 for 07' I would be VERY suprised.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Considering the GSXR750 is still highly abundant, I wouldn't rule out the creation of a bike that competes with it. Kawi has the 636, which to many people, is so close to the 600. I ask, why bother making a middle weight with slightly more displacement, when you can make one that truly is a balance between a 600 and a 1000. A 750 is not in the middle... it's slightly short of the middle. An 800 would be right in the middle. And if you argue that it was easy to make the 636 because it shares the same platform as the 599, look at the GSXRs. They share exactly the same platform. What's the harm with boosting the 636 to something like an 800? And no one's saying the 1000s are going anywhere, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to market a bored out 800cc bike as a motoGP replica racer. I think it could work. I think 800's would sell faster than 636's. Those wanting a 600 are still at liberty to buy the ZX6RR.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Who ever planted the 800cc Idea to everyone here should be banned and shot, use ur damn head there is no point for Kawasaki to produce an 800cc bike, they cant really race it. Look at the 636, it is going to be dead in 07, and the ZX6RR is still going. If it wins races on sundays it will be in your dealership monday.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i dont know about the rest of you but i am a pretty big fan of the 636s that we already have. why change a good thing...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Personally I'm hoping for a big big change to the 6R for 07 so I can snap up an 06 for cheap :) Because I really dig the 06s.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Kawirad
Who ever planted the 800cc Idea to everyone here should be banned and shot, use ur damn head there is no point for Kawasaki to produce an 800cc bike, they cant really race it. Look at the 636, it is going to be dead in 07, and the ZX6RR is still going. If it wins races on sundays it will be in your dealership monday.
Who ever said the 636 is going to be dead? What does ANYONE even know about the fate or birth of any bike in Kawasaki's line-up yet? It's all just speculation. Just like you're now speculating that the 636 will go away.

I ask, why did Kawasaki do away with the 750 and bring forth the 636? For 2 reasons. They couldn't compete with the GSXR 750 and because they already had a 636 engine tested and successful in Europe in 2002. Look at Suzuki now! The 750 is still selling strong, it's still compared as the best all around sport bike ever, it's more affordable and more forgiving than an 1000. People who own 600's are constantly striving to add power. They lower gearing. They buy exhausts and power commanders. They shave weight every way they can. Anything that will get that front wheel up easier. Look at the amount of 6R owners vs 6RR owners. It's obvious they want as many extra CC's that they can get. And you can't even race this bike in most supersport races. I ask.... why NOT bump it to an 800. You can't race it anyway. Why not bring something that competes on the street and still shares a platform with the smaller 600cc brother? Suzuki hit the nail right on the head by keeping the 750. Kawasaki should answer the call for the competitor. Plus, owning the last of the 636's should do just lovely for resale value :)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The point is options...As what was said 600,800,1000CC would be the perfect match for kawisaki to have..
Honestly they dont have a middle ground for US..
you get 110Rwhp or 160Rwhp no other sportbike in between..
So why Not make a 135Rwhp 800cc bike that is shared with the 600 chassis? That is what i would buy right now..

I cant Honestly say i could use 160+RWHP on the track and i dont think 99% of the people who own one can either..
But i sure can use 115Rwhp and wind that throttle wide open, from the apex on no worries.
The ZX6R/RR needs another 15-20RWHP and that would be perfect...
Oooops thats what the GSXR750 is...

·
Registered
314 Posts
They cant make a 800cc bike similar to their MotoGP version because MotoGP has a "prototype" clause. I think we'll see just a new 600 and the 1000 for next year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by Kawirad
Yeah, I second that.

I believe that Kawasaki will scrap the 636 in 2007, and go for a more high revving 599. Kawasaki is the smallest of the Japanese manufactures, so the research, development and production cost of two engines close to the 600cc, are starting to not be justified.

Yes, the 636 is a fine, asskickin’ and applauded engine, but - you can’t race with it. For this they have to parallel-develop the 599.

So, if Kawasaki wants to beat Yamaha and Suzuki on the racetrack, and they REALLY want to (hence the focus of downscaling from 3 to 2 bikes with heavier factory support for the bigger class, WSBK, in 2007 with PSG-1 Kawasaki), then a single budget of R&D for one engine in the 600 class makes more sense.

And I am SURE that we will se NO ZX-7R, ZX-8R or ZX-9R…..

My bet is that we will see an updated, MotoGP-style, high-screaming ZX-6R w/599cc for 2007.

But I could be way off. But I don’t think so....;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.