Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard of the new company motoczysz? apparently they hired the guy that designed ducatis testastretta and twin spark desmosedici RR engines. its a very cool looking engine. http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home the site has a lot of info, but the one peice of info i cant find is how the hell you pronounce the name! regardless, they are debuting the bike at the laguna seca for the us motogp.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It's pronounced 'motosis'. I've been watching the company for a bit. I hope he's learned from Kenny Roberts experiences at being an independent MotoGP manufacturer. I'd love to see this bike be competitive.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Czysz is the guy's last name...it's pronounced Sizz, like Sizzling. The thing that sucks is that they designed a 990cc powerplant (if that's what the '990' decal on the tail of the production bike means), and it's not actually racing this year, and next year they're dropping down to 800cc.

And as for the debut...don't worry, I'll take pictures for you. hehehe ;)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, from what i read, the 990cc is what they are calling the c1 prototype, they are currently working on c2( which i assume will be for the 800cc rules) they are also developing a 600cc powerplant(WSB maybe?) im very excited for a non harley based american racing effort.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
the current "cycle world" has an article on the company and their plans to enter the MOTO GP market with an all new engine. roughly, the quote was "we've learned you need to be different. there's no way to beat the big guys with a design they've been working on for years"

if i remember correctly, the engineering for the bike was pretty wild. i don't know how "into" the small details you get, but i thought it was a pretty interesting design.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
There was an article about him and the bike in Sportrider, about a year ago. He builds homes, and his dad was a racer I believe. Not sure though. Anyway, he's been testing the bike using a Yamaha power plant. The bike is wild and I can't wait to see it on the track. He was wanting to enter AMA Superbike, but he won't be able to produce the minimum amount of bikes for it, so it won't qualify. That's why he's going Moto GP with it. If anyone else finds out any more updates please post it.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
I read about it a couple years ago, actually, in Motor Trend or Popular Science or one of those. The new motor they designed is a completely original concept, just as wild and out-of-the-ordinary as Ducati's V-4 desmodromic twin pulse design...just one of those things you look at and think, "Jesus...that's never been done before...and it's ingenious."

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
if your into that kinda thing, you can more than likely catch him running the bike at Portland International Raceway.
Met the guy on a track day...Michael Czysz..he was riding a MV Agusta MV Agusta 1000 bLue & silver...very nice approachable guy.
Made his money in architecture from what i was told.

the bike was run there on a different track day, shake down runs and what not.
was not all that impressed,personally....but then again i have been in the motogp pits...like touching the kawi's

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
if your into that kinda thing, you can more than likely catch him running the bike at Portland International Raceway.
Met the guy on a track day...Michael Czysz..he was riding a MV Agusta MV Agusta 1000 bLue & silver...very nice approachable guy.
Made his money in architecture from what i was told.

the bike was run there on a different track day, shake down runs and what not.
was not all that impressed,personally....but then again i have been in the motogp pits...like touching the kawi's
What impresses me is that he's starting with a clean slate and creating a motorcycle for competition in MotoGP. Plus the styling takes cues straight from modern US airforce jets like the Raptor. I like that. =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.