Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick update on my bike progress.

Recently added:
- Zartan's awesome exhaust hanger
- Intuitive frame slider kit (Purchased brick n' mortar at Bert's Mega Mall in Azusa)
- Fresh flat black paint + flat black clear coat on the fairings (to match the A-Tech / MS-Sailing bike). I might add some dark grey A-Tech decals on the fairings, but I'm not sure yet. I might mock it up in Photoshop first.
- Pit Bull rear stand (to replace my cheapo generic one). I took the pics before rushing to work this morning so two pieces of 2x4's had to suffice.

Mods crossing the ocean now:
- Beet rear sets
- A-Tech SPL CF front fender
- A-Tech CF race tank pad

Then my little beast of a 250 is finished :rock:

The fairing accents cost me $240 ($120 per side) <-- Because I KNOW I'm going to be asked this a million times. The funny story behind this is that the guy who painted my bike also painted the cars from The Fast and The Furious haha. The paint shop is this tiny hole-in-the- wall in North Hollywood. I went to the back and saw some of the cars and was like "what the heck?" Anyway, it was funny at the time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I LOVE the white... wow... I'm a huge fan of white....

how much was the paint job? before you did the accents.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice clean look. Looking forward to the next step.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats awesome. Looks very very nice.

Going to go off topic real quick ( sorry ) .... hows your jacket hold up? my sales rep told me to stay away from the white cause it gets dirty fast.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hows your jacket hold up? my sales rep told me to stay away from the white cause it gets dirty fast.
It's been great. I clean and condition it after every canyon ride (which is about once a week). That includes scraping off gnats and other various bugs haha. Leather cleaner and conditioner work wonders. Of course white will get dirty faster no matter what, but I'd like to keep my investment in the best shape I can.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice job on the accents. I guess you have to do something to stand out with all the copy cat white bikes :)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good job deciding on the cut lines for the black. How about a front 3/4 pic?
Will upload that tonight :) Forgot to save that one out.

lol on the 2x4s. I would think the bike would topple over with that many under the kickstand. I forget... is your bike raised in the back? Maybe that's why.
It's pretty much STRAIGHT up on two 2x4s haha. I put the bike in first gear so it wouldn't roll and hoped for the best. Seemed stable enough haha.

How was the hanger to install? Mine is still in the mail. :(
Easy! 10 minutes max. All was great except for the nylon bolt that comes with the kit. I ended up using the stock bolt with some lock-tite and it was fine. The nylon one stops threading and I can't figure out why. I'll post a picture of it later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm. That's quite a nice 250 you've got there beast. I like it. ;)

I'll have to show you mine sometime.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow that looks outstanding. I love the black on white. !!

The Carbon fiber accents are awesome with the whole package!

Now you have to go Ride :)

yes those nylocks are really really tight uses a wrench front and back.
but maybe you got a wacky one. Let me know if you want a new nut or bolt.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes those nylocks are really really tight uses a wrench front and back. but maybe you got a wacky one. Let me know if you want a new nut or bolt.
I definitely got a wacky one. I had one person holding the nut with a wrench while I attempted to tighten the bolt in the front with a socket. It wasn't going ANYWHERE haha. It's okay, my solution works fine. No need to send me a new bolt set :) Thanks Starla.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Maybe I'm alone here, but I actually prefer the bike as it was in your signature. Meaning all white, without the black side fairings. Dunno why, but it's just not working for me. But everyone else seems to like it, so take it with a grain of salt.

I love the rear hugger, and what kind of chain is that?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe I'm alone here, but I actually prefer the bike as it was in your signature. Meaning all white, without the black side fairings. Dunno why, but it's just not working for me. But everyone else seems to like it, so take it with a grain of salt.
No worries busido. You're entitled to your opinion. This was my inspiration:

and what kind of chain is that?
An RK EK520 SRX Chain

·
Registered
132 Posts
Inspiration at its finest. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn dude, that's all i have to say. Maybe once i get my injury settlement from the bastard that ran me over the first week i got the bike ill be able to mod my lil 250. All ive got for now is the fendr elimintr and cowl. But like i said, Damn, thats a nice bike.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yeh i think it looks better just all white. but hey whatever works for you. oh and i hope u didnt have someone install that exhaust hanger or frame sliders for you.(just seems like you dont do anything yourself)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Absolutely the most beautifulgorgeousinsanemindblowing 250R I have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts