Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just mounted the pipe late last nite to finish fitting has to cut a bit into the lower fairing.. still have to make a bracket and fit it to the exhaust so i can secure it to the bike.. and paint repaint it all up.. right now i just threw on a cost to cover sht scratches from cutting and such.. still has 2 OEM brackets on it..

the pipe itself is from a R1.. i cut it in half first and refitted the end and tested its sound on the bike then cut it more and mor etil i got the sound i like.. its louder then stock, louder then my old ixil setup but not as loud as my brothers yoshi tri oval on his gsxr 600.. its slightly louder then 06 zx10r..

paint was another rattle can if you seen some of my other pics you know i change colors more then most change the oil in there bike.. so paying 400$+ for a paint job won't cut it for me odds are i'll see another color in a week or so and repaint it lol.. but the color it called grabber green.. it actually a engine paint so it shoudl be pretty durable.. bike shine nice but still needs a buff will be doing that in about 2 weeks maybe more..

i made a custom undertail cost was 2$ or 3$ its a piece of framing joint metal still needs to be resprayed but and i want to try to find a smaller license plate light so i can raise the plate up a bit to make it overall smaller..

but its a work in progress.. pulled the insurance for the winter got other bills and between work and my son i actually haven't rode in about 3 months so it s waste bike will be stored in its own bedroom for the winter.. actually sharing a room with my dog.. yes my dog has her own room lol..

but here are the pics..

·
Registered
692 Posts
how much bottom end did you lose because im really thinking of doing my exhaust like that.. just have to re-map the PC for ALOT OF FUEL :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm hoping it won't drag but it is a posibility...

i still have some adjustments it if does i can still cut out some of the piping if needed i have about 2 to 3 inches i can cut out.. another reason final paitn wasn't done..

i do ride it hard in the corners and so far have never scraped my pegs and its seems tucked in enought not to hit.. i took a straight edge from the tire to the peg and its pretty close to the peg hitting before the exhaust will but nothing will we certain til i take it out test it on the street..

hopefully i can get a chance to ride it soon to see how it feels its running richer then before i'm getting more puffs of black smoke then before.. so a PC3 will be needed and i'll get a nice tune done over the winter..

i'll try to get a video and sound clip tomorrow.. anyone know a good cheap/free video host site.. i'll throw it up on the stands and run threw a few gears to get a decent feel for the sound.. and maybe if i feel lucky (no cops around) i'll get a video with me on the street with a real load on it going threw a few gears..

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I don't want to be the black sheep that doesn't like it, but I don't. I'm sorry. I can appreciate the craftsmanship along with the time and effort that you put into it, but I don't like the way it looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.