Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List of mods:
-Goodridge SS brake lines
-Titanium Akrapovic can
-Dynojet jet kit
-K&N air filter
-Carbon-fibre Pyramid hugger
-Scottoiler automatic chain lubbing system
-GraphicArt Moto Design undertail w/ led blinkers (not installed yet)
-Datatool DiGI Digital Gear Indicator (not installed yet)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does the didgital gear indicator just tell u what gear you're on? or does just tell you whether you're on sixth?
I usually count mine as I up shift but I forget most of the time and find myself trying to shift to "seventh". Is this bad for the bike/gearbox/clutch?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Originally posted by JimmyG

Does the didgital gear indicator just tell u what gear you're on? or does just tell you whether you're on sixth?
I usually count mine as I up shift but I forget most of the time and find myself trying to shift to "seventh". Is this bad for the bike/gearbox/clutch?
I do that all the time to

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snowsurfer: the R&G Racing protection mushrooms are attached to the engine mounts, so they have a very big rod to reach in to the engine (it can be seen in pics #3 and #5, inside the fairings). Due to that long rod, they will most certainly bend when they hit the ground. That is actually good, because it will absorb some energy and help protecting the frame from bending, but if the holes in the fairing were too narrow the mushroom would most certainly crack the plastics - not good. They take some time to get used to, but I bought my bike with my hard-earned money, and I want to protect it. This are the best protectors around, even if they are not the prettiest.

JimmyG, csoto23: That happens to me all the time, too. The DiGI indicates every gear, from 1st to 6th, as you shift. It works by comparing the speed of the bike with the rpms of the engine, and is programable. So, it can be used with any teeth (front and rear) combination, and can go up to 9-speed gearboxes. It's really cool, it should be standard in every bike!

JimmyG: no, it's not bad to try shifting to 7th. But you loose speed, rpms and fuel in the process, for nothing. Another bad thing the DiGI avoids is when you run for a long time in 5th thinking you are in 6th. With it, you just look to the dash and there you have it!
Here's a pic of the DiGI (not in my bike):

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Synd
JimmyG, csoto23: That happens to me all the time, too. The DiGI indicates every gear, from 1st to 6th, as you shift. It works by comparing the speed of the bike with the rpms of the engine, and is programable. So, it can be used with any teeth (front and rear) combination, and can go up to 9-speed gearboxes. It's really cool, it should be standard in every bike!
I always thought I would learn to feel what gear I was in, via feedback (engine sound and throttle response), as I gained more experience but even after 3000 miles discerning whether I'm in 5th or 6th is almost impossible w/o cheating (e.g. counting gears)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by JimmyG

Originally posted by Synd
I always thought I would learn to feel what gear I was in, via feedback (engine sound and throttle response), as I gained more experience but even after 3000 miles discerning whether I'm in 5th or 6th is almost impossible w/o cheating (e.g. counting gears)
More seat time... you'll know. I can tell just by comparing speedo to tach. I find 6th vs 5th is easy to tell.

By the way... sweet wheels Synd.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dj_dunzie: one can certainly tell by comparing speed to revs, but that takes a lot more time than looking at the DiGI, especially under acceleration. It is not essential, that's why it isn't stock.

mat0722: I've ordered mine in www.revlimiterracing.com. It was about 85 USD, I think (77 EUR + Int'l shipping). They are not hard to install, but they aren't that easy (it seems so for what I've read. I haven't installed mine yet, it's waiting for clearance at the customs.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.