Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 7000 miles on my bike and I out them all on this season from June til now. Would the plugs need to come out or should I let them go until next season? I just can't see them needing to be replaced so soon but that's why I'm asking.

Also, who has the best prices on the exact plug replacements for our 6's?

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP LP flushmount v's, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think your ok leaving your plugs in as long as you keep in a garage or someother place where it will stay dry and a little warmer than outside. Not sure on this, but some basic things you need to do is (1)run the gas out...all the way out of the carbs, (2) take out your battery and connect it to a trickle charge of some sort...

In the manual it also says to take off the gas tank and lube it on the inside with some oil and clean it out completely. But don't listen to me, I've never winterized a bike because I live in Oklahoma and yes it gets cold, but hardly ever cold enough to stop riding for any extended amount of time.

If I lose, then you cheated.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Plugs eh....mmmm....I remember now....If you want to replace them cause you want to and are cheap maintaince try the CR9EK plugs instead....they have a different tip to them.....puts the spark a little deeper in the combustion chamber.....more money but 1-2 hp more the top high rpm....the ZX9R use them....Why can't we???

I have had mine in for the season....work just fine......difference....well, when I installed them Other things were done to so I can't say exactally.....but, no loss, that's for sure.

let us know if you try them...

Later

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I pulled the plugs on my '95 ZX-6R when it had about 8,000 miles. They were the original plugs and the gap had hardly opened up at all and they looked clean. Next time I won't change them before 10,000. I got the original NGK plug at an autoparts place for about $4 each. The Kawasaki dealer want more than $8 for the same plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.