Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had bought another 95 zx6r ... i have 2... this one i got a month or so ago. It ran fine and alll... i start it up today, she ran for a few minutes... revved her up a lil bit... alls good... but then it dies and i cant get it started. right b4 it dies it bogged at like 500 rpm. what is this? is it flooded? what should I do? I had the choke closed all the way when i started it... let it rev a lil, opened the choke up, she stalled... fired it up and it ran fine ... revved all the way up to 10k no probs.... but also... bb4 it died... it started sputtering when i went to rev it. and ideas? is this a possible pinched line?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wait.. never mind... its not pumping fuel. the relay is new and the pump works when i hook it up directly to a12v source. what else should i check as to why the fuel pump doesnt work? can i just permanently screw the pump and do gravity feed? will it be sufficient of i get a shorter hose and hook it up from the tank to the carbs? will i get enough fuel?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It will get enough fuel, but you won't beable to use any of the gas in the tank below the height of the carbs.

Have you checked the fuses?
BC.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the fuses... all are good. i was thinking.. can i just run a switch for the fuel pump to turn on when i want it on? like isnt that all the relay does? act as a switch? so... i was thinkin...just rig it up and turn the pump on when i start the bike? dont they run all the time? if i gravity fed it.... how many miles would i get per tank approximately?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Have you checked the plugs? They maybe fouled or the carbs maybe so gummed up with stale gas. Drain the carbs & check the plugs. Mis well, check the air filter, change the coolant, brake fluid & all other fluids to get it ready for next season.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Have you checked the plugs? They maybe fouled or the carbs maybe so gummed up with stale gas. Drain the carbs & check the plugs. Mis well, check the air filter, change the coolant, brake fluid & all other fluids to get it ready for next season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.