Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am just taking a poll on a part that will be available in the next could of weeks. Weither anyone is looking for it and if they would be interested it purchasing one.

Here it the description of the part.

It is a clear tail light for that bike with the same led tail light's, but the differance (besides it being clear) Is that there are 20 amber leds on each side which if choosen would light up like a turn signal. This would eliminate the need for a aftermarket undertail with turn signals, and would eliminate that clip board hanging off the back of your bike.

Again this is a completely new tail light that replaces your factory unit, it is the fron and the back housing, with the clear lens and red led's, and lets not forget the amber leds for turn signals. The price should be about $150

I have the picture of the prototype and will be listing it under the text.

If any one is interested in the part you can pm me or email me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do you have a vid of it in action? I would like to see it working. I bought a hotbidies undertail and am not very happy about the way it fits up. I would buy in a second!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Are the hotbodies really that bad. I am waiting for mine to come in..and if it doesn't fit perfect I'll send it back and get one of these things.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Naughtyninja. Here is a pic I just took to show you the gap under the tail light. Every hotbodies i have seen looks the same way. I am personaly not happy. Checkout the undertail that someone just posted under aftermarket stuff. It is sweet!
I just e-mailed the company to see if they are available. I already have a buddy that will buy my hotbodies.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's pretty cheap considering that an oem taillight is about $125 USD or more. Or is the $150 for the modification? ie. we send you our taillight and you modify? I just installed the Dr. X kit from VFX and although it was pricey, have absolutely no complaints. Good luck with those taillights.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hot bodies undertails suck. I am extremely dissapointed. :( Ive had mine for about a month, and have had two liscence plate brackets break, the gap between the tailight sucks, and the turn sigs are not bright at all. Fuck. I wasted $150.[V] Im already looking for a new undertail.

Breaklites: Can we see a vid of this tailight working. I am really interested. I want the DR x. But its a little more than I want to spend at the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the animation of the tail light working. This isn't our's but I found this on a site who was charging $179 for the board. You guessed it you have to dremel off your lens to replace and then glue it back together. Our's is supposed to be brighter.

Not ours thought $150 will be the whole tail light remove old one replace with new one. BTW think Clear Alternatives.. I can not say who is makeing them yet though..

Sorry I can't get it uploaded, cause of the 80kb limit.. Anyone who wants to see it can email me I will return.

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.