Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone on the board looked into an out-the-door price of a 2004 R1 from their local dealer. I plan to go to my local yamaha dealership and see what numbers they give me. I just wanted to see what you guys got if you have done this. Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
They will tell you it's a new super hot bike, the FASTEST of them all etc. [:p] It will be a while till you can get a good OTD price on any of the new bike (xept for honda cause its soo fugly [8D])

·
Registered
940 Posts
let me tell you something....the ZX-10R just 'felt' more comfortable when I sat on them both....not to mention the fact they have orange

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
seems like matching your bike this year might be harder...kawi orange....yami metallic red...i think a grey/black leather suit would go well tho

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im a huge fan of Red bikes. Therefore, if I do purchase a new bike, Im currently leaning toward the Red R1. It still remains to be seen...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
After seeing the R1 close up this weekend, I can now firmly say that I prefer the look/styling of the 10r. The R1 to me looked like someone went crazy with random fairing locations and that made the bike look cheap.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got to see it this past weekend at the International Motorcyle Show when it was here in Atlanta. Its a sweet bike and had the biggest crowd. Don't get me wrong, love the 10r, but the balance/weight was best in class. Love the exhaust also. It was priced for a little over $10,000.

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12464

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by Sh1n5
After seeing the R1 close up this weekend, I can now firmly say that I prefer the look/styling of the 10r. The R1 to me looked like someone went crazy with random fairing locations and that made the bike look cheap.
Ditto to this statement....just change the bikes (put the R1 where you see 10R and vice versa).
I'm a kawi fan but that R1 is the best looking bike i've ever seen period.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As to the OD prices, I just made a couple of calls to local dealers and they all came back to me with the same price 12k

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Worst bike is the Honda by far(appearance that is). The biggest crowds around litre bikes were focused at the Kawi and Yamaha booths.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
the thing i liked about the R1 was that you can remove a cover where the tank usually carries on (it goes over the airbox) and you can remove that and get straight to the airbox without taking off the tank...great idea!
that and how the gear arm goes through the frame...less chance of messing it up during a lowside

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.