Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new race track being built in northern KY, suppose to open in spring 09. I'm really excited about it, looks like it's going to be a world class facility.

The track will have several configurations. With the initial configuration being 2.5 miles and eventually being over 3.5 miles when complete. I hear several track day organizations are already scheduling it on the calendar for next year, including STT. I can't wait to ride it.

Here is an aerial shot. As you can see, they are just starting to pave it now. The picture doesn't really show it, but supposedly it is going to have a lot of elevation change, and should be a lot of fun.

Here is a link to the website for a little more info.
http://www.drivebluegrass.com/

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
damn that looks sweet as fuck man, i may be relocating to TN over by my dad's by summer though (ROAD TRIP) :D

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn that looks sweet as fuck man, i may be relocating to TN over by my dad's by summer though (ROAD TRIP) :D
You better be coming down and breaking this bitch in with me. STT is going to be putting on the first public event ever there. They have formed some kind of partership with the track. http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/viewtopic.php?t=4444

Jan 1 09 their calender is released I think, I expect your ass to be signed up with me for that first weekend whenever it is (probably march or april). Your ankle will be healed by then and the track will be new to both of us, so you have no excuse when I smoke your ass :D.

Btw, I also plan on doing Barber and Mid Ohio early next year. You should look into doing those with me too. Time to get your butt off those interstate off ramps on onto some real turns.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I checked into this a few weeks ago, needless to say I'm stoked. :evil6:

Have you heard of High Rock as well?

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
You better be coming down and breaking this bitch in with me. STT is going to be putting on the first public event ever there. They have formed some kind of partership with the track. http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/viewtopic.php?t=4444

Jan 1 09 their calender is released I think, I expect your ass to be signed up with me for that first weekend whenever it is (probably march or april). Your ankle will be healed by then and the track will be new to both of us, so you have no excuse when I smoke your ass :D.

Btw, I also plan on doing Barber and Mid Ohio early next year. You should look into doing those with me too. Time to get your butt off those interstate off ramps on onto some real turns.
lol, i'll do what i can & i'd expect you to smoke me LOL (but i did lose a good bit of weight so i got a bit of an advantage :D ) & you leave my ramps alone, they taught me a lil bit here & there :D (needless to say the hardware in my ankle reminds me to NOT do that much anymore) It all depends on my job situation for the barber day, but mid-ohio is only a couple hours away from me now

as far as the track goes you can see the elevation changes pretty good from the aerial shot, just not how steep they are ya know, looks fun & i'm grittin my teeth to get back on the bike so i'm gonna do what i can

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hell yeah, i will be there for sure.

I need to mapquest it to see how far it is from me. I am right in Johnson City TN, right up in the NE corner of TN so it cant be that damn far.

I cant complain about where i live. I can be at Nashville, VIR and CMP in about 3hrs. Then 5-6hrs gets me Barber, Talladega and Road Atlanta. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got you all beat. It's about 25 miles from my house, straight up the interstate from me. 2 traffic lights.. HAHAHAA!!!

All of us locals are extremely excited. As it stands now we all drive to Mid Ohio and Barber for a good track. This one should be nice. There will be plenty of elevation, you can see it better from some ground shots that are floating around.

I'll be singing up for the STT days as soon as they are available. I expect it will sell out quickly.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I got you all beat. It's about 25 miles from my house, straight up the interstate from me. 2 traffic lights.. HAHAHAA!!!

All of us locals are extremely excited. As it stands now we all drive to Mid Ohio and Barber for a good track. This one should be nice. There will be plenty of elevation, you can see it better from some ground shots that are floating around.

I'll be singing up for the STT days as soon as they are available. I expect it will sell out quickly.
sweet, lucky man to have one that close

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Oh god...I wish they had tracks like that here....

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Yeah, I've paid my dues driving 7 and 8 hours to tracks though..

Besides, its the tires that are the main expense. I need a tire sponsor:D
yea i know, i went through 3 rears this year on STREET riding

·
Registered
417 Posts
Offtopic:

On the track, if i dont get too throttle happy, i can usually make a rear tire last a whole weekend...and i usually go through 2 rears for every 1 front tire. Sometimes, depending on the track, i can use a rear tire for a whole race weekend and the next Saturday practices or 1 more track day.

But street tires last me forever. I just dont ride hard on the streets any more. I can get like 4k miles out of a set of 2CT's or BT-002R/S's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts