Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
561 - 575 of 575 Posts

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Best of luck, but if you hop on a bike again- be careful. I just started riding; I bought a 05 ZX-6R which can be a bad thing.
yeah that could definitely turn out real bad

I'm what people might consider a gear and 250 nazi.
I used to tell people who started on a zx6r and were new they probably should just trade it back in for a 250. I've since stopped that; no one does that.

All I tell people who start on more bike than they should is be wary of the bike always; it's a lot of power and will send the bike into a wheelie and crashing down on you with the flick of a wrist.

Wear your gear, all of it, jacket, helmet, gauntlet gloves, full boots, and some sort of pants. Get as much of that as possible and wear it all the time.

Take the MSF if you haven't already

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hear ya man. I been ridin bikes for a lotta years and i went down. My second bike was a 1990 zx6. Me and a few friends were out on the day after i graduated and colided while ridin down interstate. Luckily both of us walked away from the accident, but i know how quick a freak accident like that can happen. it looks like i am behind the times by a few years, but i hope everything turned out alright.

·
Registered
11 Posts
jeez i hope things are going well for you , i recently started riding again after 16 years ..and i got a zx6r i respect the bikes power and know my limits i have yet to "open it up " im pulling for you , hope you post an update on your progress....
Ever-Forward!

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
He's been offline for years.

Go to his profile and you'll see this:
Last Activity: 07-15-2006 12:04 AM

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am absolutely speechless....:eek:

I'm real sorry to hear all that.

20/20 hindsight, but where the fuck was the steering damper if your getting that much head-shake? Sounds like the 04's should have come equipped with one.

This almost makes me want to sell mine after 6 years of riding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well first.... sorry you learned the hard way. Second. Cadillac use to make ambulances.. lol. They didn't have any room in the back to work. And last... I know that i am new to riding on the street, but my first street legal bike was and still is a 2000 zx6r that i bought about two years ago. Yes it's very quick. It deserves great respect. And I still feel that with respect it can be a decent first bike. I know many other veteran riders that have done and feel the same way. On the other hand though, they have all ridden dirt bikes and scooters and smaller motorcycles off road their entire lives. I am in EMS, and have seen many many veteran riders that have beefed their bikes doing something completely stupid.. i.e: 150 mph on a highway, splitting cars/tractor trailers, weaving in and out. It's not just newbies. Actually every motorcycle accident that i have been on has been someone who has been riding for a while

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the thread.

I am getting me some boots.
THIS.

I was debating if motorcycle armored boots were really neccesary. "nah my vans will be fine" I thought. "armored boots look ugly when i'm not on the bike"

But thanks to this post, I am DEFINATELY getting some boots.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
THIS.

I was debating if motorcycle armored boots were really neccesary. "nah my vans will be fine" I thought. "armored boots look ugly when i'm not on the bike"

But thanks to this post, I am DEFINATELY getting some boots.
armored boots don't look ugly off the bike. They're pimp.
If you sometimes use your bike as a pickup line, boots are the perfect pickup line.

They don't scream you ride a motorcycle but in well lit conditions, women will notice that your "shoes" are weird and ask you about it, thus leading to the pleasant surprise that you ride a motorcycle...fast forward to the end, numbers...not that I'd know from experience :whistle:
Just my 2 cents:

Sidi Boots are awesome!

:)
agreed

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man i just got a 07 zzr600 and let me tell you i be squiding around town all day. this is a big reality check for me. get well soon brahh.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I ALWAYS wear my alpine* smx boots no matter where I'm going. Such a cheap investment. Plus they're comfy as shit.

I wonder if this guy would still have his lower leg had been wearing something like this? I know he would've been in alot better shape thats for sure.

561 - 575 of 575 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.