Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just purchased a '95 ZX-6R not too long ago and I'm in the process of bringing it back to full health. My last bike was an '04 250 which I used to commute back and forth to work in Orange County, CA. Since the weather here in NJ isn't nearly as awesome I figured I should get a car for winter months. Clearly I still wanted a bike so I bought a little bit of a fixer upper for relatively low cost and have her in good shape so far!
BUT... (here is the help part)
I do need a gas tank. I purchased one from a used motorcycle parts store online. It was not the same color scheme, but the man assured me it was for a 95 zx6r. I looked into it a lot and it looks like the color scheme from '99 :thumbdown: It looks to be the same shape and certainly mounts in the same fashion, but if it is a tank from '99 will it fit??

Thanks, and glad to be a new member.

-John

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
:welcome: John

Hm, there was definitely a major redesign between the 95 and 99 model.
One of our more mechanically inclined members should be able to help you out with that when they stumble upon this thread.

ride safe, wear your gear, have fun

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck, sorry i can't help with the tank but i also live in nnj and i am looking for people to ride with. If you get her up and running pm me for a cruise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Laz I'll definitely PM you as soon as I can fit a new tank I'm looking for some people to ride with as well. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts