Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a newly lisenced rider.... and im looking for a good starter bike that i wont grow out of!!! I learned on a dual purpose bike, but im looking for a sport!! i need suggestions on a bike from ladiesssss!!! cuz guys either tell me im to small to ride (WHICH IM NOT) or that i should just stick to the back of a bike! HA.. men... lol so PLZ HELP ME OUT!!! thankssssssssss:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would suggest the EX250, EX500, or a Suzuki GS500. If you really have to have a 600cc bike try a ZZR600. There is nothing wrong with starting small and moving up. Chances are you are going to drop the bike a few times too so get something that you wont mind beating up a little bit.:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by YaleZZR600
I would suggest the EX250, EX500, or a Suzuki GS500. If you really have to have a 600cc bike try a ZZR600. There is nothing wrong with starting small and moving up. Chances are you are going to drop the bike a few times too so get something that you wont mind beating up a little bit.:D

agreed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Having started riding a couple of years ago, I would suggest a Suzuki SV650S... it's naked, so if it's dropped you won't have to worry about your plastics, and when you're ready to assecorize, you can add lower fairings for the more sportier look. It's a 650, so you won't have to worry about upgrading too quickly, should you feel that you have to. It's what I also ride on a pretty regular basis... maybe I'm just biased! :) See pic below (it's the yellow one) ... either way, it's what you feel you're comfortable with...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ideas!!! those were the ones i was getting pretty serious about...now i just gotta make a desicion! EEK!!! im now seriously looking... check book is ready! WISH ME LUCK!!! :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
truth.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Another bike in line with the ZZR is the Yamaha YZF600R. That was my first bike and it really is a great bike. Wish I still had it for a commuter.

Edit: DOH!, Sorry to intrude ladies, I didn't even realize what forum I was in, my bad!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha! thanks for all the FABULOUS recommendations! i went to a MILLION places over the weekend... and i sat on EVERY bike... like EVERY BIKE!!! old and new... crusier and sport... from lil kawi 250's to yamaha r6's ...poor ppl were SICK OF ME!!! haha but ya i was looking for one that fit perfectly!! and i dooooo believe i found it! :D :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2007 kawasaki ninja 650r MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was just... so... PERFECT! like perfect... like made JUST FOR ME!!!! [8D]

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
ok. so after much research and and finally gettin it into my head, i think im ready to own my first bike....i to am lookin for a starter bike...nothing new and fancy, just something i can learn to ride and grow into, then switch it out for something newer. i was afraid at first because you see all the bs about drivers who dont respect bikers at all, but as i've learned, if your gonna go, you can go no matter what you drive....so im going to start lookin around and living up to what i live by...never regret what you have done, but regret what you havent done...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts