Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a few months of window shoppin, i found an '06 zzr600 with 900 miles on it for $6400. I figured it wasn't gunna get much better than that. I think the bike looks bad ass and i haven't found really any bad things about it on any reviews or forums. I've started the paperwork but haven't actually "paid" for it yet. Any way, question is, It appears this bike actually falls into a sport-touring category. I'm not gunna lie to myself that it will keep up with my buddy's R1. But most of my friends have GSXRs, R6s, and one or two has CBRs. Will this bike be able to hang with those guys as far as the handling on the back road twisties? we got lots of em here in oklahoma :) or will it be out of place with the rest of the "sport bikes"?

·
Registered
374 Posts
The ZZR600 is plenty fast and able to keep up in the right hands. I have alot of experience and ride a fast pace so I have no problem keeping up with R1's gsxr1000 etc. It is more rider ability than anything else. On some tracks I run a faster lap on the 600 than litre class bike cause the power is more managable. Welcome and check out the ZZr section under OLDSCHOOL & zzr600.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It all depends how good a rider you are and how good they are. A great rider on a ZZR will smoke a lousy rider on a R1. A really good rider on a 500 Ninja will make you look bad if you can't ride the ZZR worth shit. Ride within your ability, don't try to keep up with more experienced riders on faster bikes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a very mature group of friends who will give you shit for riding beyond yur skill level rather than praise. I'm just making sure a sport touring bike like the zzr600 wont be out of place riding with a bunch of yami's and gsxr's.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sounds like you'll be riding with the right folks. The ZZR should fit right in except you might be a little more comfotable for the longer rides. Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.