Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys and happy to be here.
I have not ridden a motorcycle in about +/-20 years. At this point I consider myself a BEGINER. Always loved bikes and always RESPECTED them...here comes the question.
Which bike you guys recommend and why? Yamaha R3 or Kawasaki 600 ? New or used? Why is the Kawasaki 600 consider a "beginner bike"? Myth?
A little bit of me..I am 48 YOA, family, and all the other life attachments so I AM NO TRYING TO GO CRAZY.
Thank you and I apologized if this question has been already answered. I just want an updated/fresh response from current riders.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

I would recommend a Ninja / Z 650 used in good condition.

Two cylinder torque, more than enough power for anything and everyday comfort plus you will not get bored of it soon.

Versys for even more comfort and versatility!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I would recommend either a used Ninja 650 or a used ZZR 600 if you can find one in good shape at a decent price. That way, if after becoming more comfortable riding again you decide you want a bigger/faster motorcycle, you can sell at or near what you paid and trade up pretty easily.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What is and isn't a beginner motorcycle is largely a matter of 3 things. Price, twitchiness of controls and weight. Price is going to be a bit personal, but it should be cheap enough that you're not distracted by worrying about damaging the motorcycle.

The bigger issues tend to be the weight and the twitchiness of the throttle. A 600ish sport bike is not unreasonable to begin with, especially if you've got previous experience, I'd just steer clear of any sort of super-sport bike, regardless of actual displacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts