Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone at KW,
So, just like many others on here, just passed the MSF course this past weekend. Reason I took the course was so that I could get a faster scooter than my Piaggio Fly 50. Ended up really loving to ride a real motorcycle, and now I have my heart set on a Ninja 250, newer model hopefully.
Anyone know a good place to look for the newer model where it would be priced decently? I would look to buy new but with the new 3999 MSRP plus all the tax and other misc cost. I would rather buy one with around 1000 miles on it and save myself some money. I was already checking them out when the 08 was on their site and for 3499, its such a sweet looking deal. Now it seems like I'm not really ready to go ahead and buy a brand new one. I've searched on craigslist, ebay, and even googled the darn thing. Nothing around Seattle. Well other than one on craigslist going for 4500.
Just wanted to drop by and say hi, and maybe get some insight and whether or not to buy the new model at the higher price or the older model. I know that the 250 will have plenty of power for me just cause I really don't want to race around all the time. I know i'll keep it for some time. I don't really plan on riding around in the rain unless its light. I have enough money to get the new model and pay all the fees, but I really don't want to have to break the bank either. I'm willing to pay like 3500 and then other fees that might come along as i'll be getting rid of the scooter.
Ben

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome and congrats on passing the course. Considering that you live in the NW and that its about to get cold, now might be a great time to negotiate the price either with the dealer or a private seller. Just keep checking craigs list or other classifieds and I'm sure you'll find someone who is willing to negotiate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts