New set up....-1 front, +3 rear Sprocket Specialities sprockets, EK chain

Before

Parts

After

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Now thats some gearing!!!!
Guess he likes riding at 8000Rpm at like 55mph...or just doesnt leave the parking lot..

S4one -

Is this setup for stunting?
[:Agree]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can pull a wheelie 2nd gear thru 5th sitting down but In the past 4,000 miles I havent been doing wheelies.
I ride twisties every Sunday morning. I just like having the extra umph coming out of corners.
My back sprocket was really ate up, I wouldnt sell that thing to anyone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read somewhere that 1 down up front, and 3 up in the back is the optimum gearing for our bikes. How do you like it? A big difference than your previous setup?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been told that -1 +2 will overwork your motor and that its not good gearing for long rides. I do like 400 to 500 mile rides when I ride and they are twisty stuff. Should I just go -1 in the front or is it ok to go -1 +2 ?

Your bike looks sweet by the way.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I just got rid of my -1 upfront and went back to a stock 15t because I couldnt take the extra high rpm's when just ridin along at 60mph. I honestly didnt notice any difference in power wise only that with the -1 you didnt have to shift as much. 1/4 mile tims were identical with the -1 pushing 11.2 on either 14t or 15t.

One of the main reasons is that I had a guy in a Trans Am Ram Air try to out run me and he just about did as I hit 150mph and he was right next to me so that was enough to convice me not to get my ego busted by keeping the -1 upfront. I need that extra 15mph+ top speed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
-1 +2 gearing is the awesome.... It's almost the same as a 1000 cc bike until you hit about 120mph if you shift correctly. I like power when I come out of turn. -1 +2 is the best MOD by far besides getting a set of pilot power tires. -1, +3.....At almost any RPM 6th gear still pulls really hard. For the guys who do wheelies or try.....I can bounce it up in 5th gear with no problem.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Looks good. I also want to change my gear to -1/+2. I'm willing to sacrafice top end for low end.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by superman51
Does it tear up your motor though since you are running it at higher rpms all the time.
I have almost 14,000 miles on my 06 and it runs pretty damn good. If I'm cruisin I'm in 6th gear to keep my RPMs low.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I love the black sprocket. I was looking for one but couldn't find one. I was told the one I ordered was black, but when I got it, it wasn't!

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
setup looks great man. i got a black sprocket with green chain. mine come like that from the factory tho.

i went -1 +3 for a short while, i did not like it. comeing out of the hole was great but cruzing and long trips it sucked. i put the stock rear back on and left the -1 and i like it better.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I just ordered a 14 front and 45 rear from wwww.sprocketcenter.com. Total was $80. Using my stock chain.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.