Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Can't compare to Tourist Trophy surely. I see no Kwaka's anyway. I'll probably check it out though. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Are you kidding? Those graphics suck.

[:M85]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
yeah I'm not too impressed with the graphics.. they look 'okay' but I'll stick to tourist trophy

·
Registered
950 Posts
Geesh! Looks horrible. It might be a good rental for having new tracks and more bikes on a circuit at one time, but deff not TT quality.

Here's my vote for a full PS3 Tourist Trophy with 20 bike on track, online play, on actual GP and classic tracks. Woot!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
Geesh! Looks horrible. It might be a good rental for having new tracks and more bikes on a circuit at one time, but deff not TT quality.

Here's my vote for a full PS3 Tourist Trophy with 20 bike on track, online play, on actual GP and classic tracks. Woot!
I bought MotoGP 4 for PS2 when I got Tourist Trophy. The graphics aren't quite as realistic, and the physics aren't quite as realistic, but the bike handling is more real (you can actually highside, or wash the front just by pushing too hard...you don't need some crazy hill crest to do it, like in TT)...the sound is VERY realistic...feel like I'm back at Laguna Seca every time I play it. Also the bike models, skins, and even the tachometer displayed on-screen in 3rd person mode are identical to the real machines run in MotoGP (each bike model has it's own tach that mimics the real bike's), and each bike sounds authentic. Also the gameplay is just plain addictive. Full grid of real 04 season MotoGP riders and bikes and tracks, and the competition is stiff even in easy mode. They'll take different lines to pass you or shut the door on a pass...the AI is great. It's like a high-speed arcade physics realistic bike handling racer...TONS of fun drifting the back end out into a corner and sliding it around a tad on the power after the apex...the throttle and brake are much more sensitive than in TT, as well...meaning it's much easier to have good throttle control, which is also much more neccissary. Definately worth a buy, or at least a rent. Full-season full-length races for 125 through 990cc classes, all with real riders, leathers, helmets and stuff...nothing like following along to the real championship with warmup, quali, and a full-length race at the tracks they just raced in real life with most of the same racers. Good stuff, and the graphics are very high-quality with good effects and stuff, just not quite as photorealistic as TT. It's probably the most overlooked motorcycle game I've ever played.

So...my vote for you guys at least trying to rent it. I think it's the best game in the series so far...MotoGP 2 had realistic physics, but the AI and gameplay suffered, MotoGP 3 was way too arcade-ish, but this one is great...very fast paced.

So...that's my review/novel.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Is that game for the cellphone or N64? I hate when they put out CRAPPY games... frikin makes me turn green like the Hulk and then grow a beard like Chuck Norris.

I'm going to agree with Dragknt though... TT is a beautiful game; but like beautiful women it doesn't mean they are a great ride... MotoGp 4 is a great game due to all the riders on the track (and riders you might love or hate in real life (I always take out Biaggi just for kicks). Great game...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah that game looks pretty shitty. MotoGP '06 for the 360 on the other hand has great graphics and the grand prix racing is pretty realistic and hard.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I downlaoded it and it sucked balls but it does have alot of bikes on it including 06 10R. Its not very realistic, graphics and sound sucks. I give it a 3 out of 10.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Cool game for ps2 is "Suzuki TT Superbikes Real Road Racing." I bought it at Target for $20 a few months ago and it has no dropped to $15. It is based on the Isle of Man circuit as well as some other road circuits that are raced on. There are quite a few bikes, gear and mods that can be done. The graphics are crisp and it is a lot of fun. Doing the whole TT is great with the commentators giving a history of different parts of the track as well. There are also cool cheat codes to get all bikes, gear, tracks, and even sidecars unlocked.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Nothing compares to TT and the sequel is suppose to be even better, cause they don't have to rush it like the first

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by Spydr26
when is #2 due out?
I haven't heard anything about it. If it follows normal Polyphony trends, at the soonest it'll be out a year after the release of the PS3 (meaning for Christams season of 07). Who knows. I was really disappointed with GT4 as well, though. Smaller race fields and WAY too many rolling starts. That's one of the things I loved about GT3 was that the only races set up with a rolling start are races that really are set up with rolling starts, like endurance and long-distance races. All the normal sprint races are set up standing-start, the way it should be. I'd like to see the next TT set up similar to GT3, with a full grid of machines, qualifying and a QP grid standing start. It's possible that the limits of the PS2 machine wouldn't allow that many riders on the track at a time, because of the complexity of the bike and rider models, but I'm not sure. Either way, the lack of QP, full-grid and standing starts almost ruined TT for me. It just seems like a game chock full of test runs, and there's little to no difference between the racing mode and the 'practice run' mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.