Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spooned on a new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2ct's after wearing out the continental road attacks. After installing the new tires the bike has great turn in and holds the lean effortlessly but I feel like I have to muscle the bike back up. Anyone experience this and is there any suspension changes I can do to get it agile aggain? Again the only change was the make/model of the tire. Size was unchanged. Thanks!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just wear them in a bit you should be fine..But you probably do want to play with your suspension a bit with any brand of tire change to make it fit to you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It also depends on the curvature of the tire. I went from a PP (flatter) to a Battlax (conical) = easier turn in (rear only). I only street ride and got chicken strips the size of texas so I can't comment if getting the bike up is any harder/easier.

And speaking of weird handling, I hope my current setup makes yours look like Ohlins.

Front: PP, stock rim, stock suspension
Rear: Battlax, zx10 rim + swinger, zx6 shock, abnormal ride height.

/activate flameshield -t

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Iv ran "Road-Attacks" , & they seem to me to have a lower profile than some tires.
Plus you may have gotten use to how they felt & the end of there life (lower still)
Id bet the Michelin's are just a bit wider too.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front is a 120/70/17 and the rear is 180/55/17 running 36/41psi respectively. I know the stock front is a 120/65/17 but I went with the 70 when I put the road attacks on since there are only a few tires offered in the 65 and I needed mileage for commuting. Still I have no idea what ( if any ) suspension changes I can do to make this better. I know I was suppose to lower the front a few mm with the tire aspect ratio change but I liked how the bike felt after installing the road attacks.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
You probably made a slight geometry change with the different tires. You might try dropping the front a little, maybe 5mm, and see how that feels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts