Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on a Pair of Pilot Power 2ct's and i was wondering whats the breakin period for these tires and how do u guys recomend to breaking in these tires?? thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have broken in a few sets of tires (Bridgestone/Pirelli/Metzler) and its the same. Go slow at first. The tire are a little slick when new. Take it easy, get them warmed up, slowly turn harder and harder. Just be carefull. It is easier to lowside on new tires. A few hundred miles should be sufficient.

·
Registered
101 Posts
just take it slow for the first 100 miles till the tire starts to dull up a little.

i thought mine were good after a 100 miles till i got out to the twistys and got to the edge and well i did a little drifting that day.

the best way i found is to heat them up then get to a big parking lot and to some figure eights.

·
Registered
578 Posts
this is what my friends do... spray some water down on some smooth concrete or blacktop. start doing a slow burnout in first gear SLOW not smoking up the tire and then lean the bike back and forth trying to get all the way across the tire.

i just take it really easy for about 5 miles, then on a highway start weaving back and forth until there's a decent sized strip in the middle. after about 25 miles or so i'll go on the curves and start taking it over a little bit more at a time until i'm at about 150 miles and by then it's usually over to about 1/4" left

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
What he said, takes about 100 miles to wear off the slick protective coating. Longer if you hardly turn. Just don't end up like this dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxbHyEIkgdU
100 miles...?

I'll put my knee down on the track after 2 laps....and no I don't run warmers.

If you're nervous about the looks of the shine.....Just let them warm up for a few miles....then go do some tight circles in a parking lot.....you lean over further there than you will at speed on the road.

·
Registered
578 Posts
100 miles...?

I'll put my knee down on the track after 2 laps....and no I don't run warmers.

If you're nervous about the looks of the shine.....Just let them warm up for a few miles....then go do some tight circles in a parking lot.....you lean over further there than you will at speed on the road.
i never even thought about doing it in a parking lot... good tip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.