Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on my way home I caught a nail going through a construction zone. Put a hole in the rear tire. Was going about 70MPH into a turn when I felt the rear end getting a bit soft.:( As if that wasn't bad enough I then hit a massive pot hole in the middle of the freeway right after I felt the flat and got punched in the nuts by my tank:mad:

Tried to fill it with air to see if I could make it home but the hole was too big. Almost as soon as I removed the air line the tire would be flat again. Got a ride home to grab the truck and trailer to go pick it up.

Since I only have 2 tires while riding I'd prefer to not trust a plug or patch.

Any recommendations on new tires? Or should I just buy another OEM tire for now and wait until the front needs to be replaced as well?

Bike currently has 2.2k miles on it. First bike so I'm not too sure on what I should do.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just get a whole new set. I am waiting for my front for Pirelli Sport Demons to come in, we will see how they are. Bridgestone 090's (?) are supposedly pretty good. Depends on what kind of riding you are doing. Do some research and find what fits you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought a set of the Michelin Pilot Powers today. 150/60/17 and 120/60/17

Going to take them a day or 2 to get them from the supplier and then another day to install. Luckily they gave me a 20% discount off the tires right on the spot along with having tire installs currently on sale for $40 a wheel instead of the normal $50 each. I could've saved some cash by removing the wheels my self and taking them in but it wasn't worth it because I don't own stands yet so I would've had to wait 3-4 days for them to be delivered if I had to buy them online.

Also, when dropping off the bike they did their intake inspection. Found a slight dent in the rear wheel. So I might have to buy a new rear wheel as sell if it's too bad. Waiting for them to pull the rear tire before I decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts