Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess its that time again when I gotta get new tires. I was just wondering what you guys have and would suggest. I stuck between either Dunlop or Metzeler. Just want to know what you guys think. I got an 02 6R.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I just replaced my Dunlops D207's with the common Bridgestone BT010/BT020 street setup and have been EXTREMELY impressed which the handling. These tires turned my bike into a new machine, I am so much more confident in the tires now...

Ofcourse I think for some strange reason my OEM D207's wore extremely bad becasue I don't see why Kawasaki would have put such a bad handling OEM tire on the bike....

IMHO, if you ran Dunlops before, try something different, how will you ever find out what tires brands and manufacturers you like better unless you try them?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Between the Dunlop and Metzeler, I would go with the Metzeler. Personally, for street riding, I would go with the Bridgestone 010/020 combo. That's what I run and I am extremely pleased with them. I will never run Dunlops.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I'm still on my oem tires on '03RR but i have a friend who swears by Metzler. Give them a try. I've only heard good things about them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by speedvlaze

Between the Dunlop and Metzeler, I would go with the Metzeler. Personally, for street riding, I would go with the Bridgestone 010/020 combo. That's what I run and I am extremely pleased with them. I will never run Dunlops.
Just want to know why you will never run Dunlops. I have heard some good things about it.

Originally posted by Rob Lee
Joker11,

What kind of riding do you do?
As far as the riding I do some street(like going to work) but as of late like the past few months I have been riding pretty hard. Been doing a lot of riding up at Bear Mountain. Lots of twisties there. I'd say another couple hundred miles and my front tire is done.

·
Registered
537 Posts
M-1 is great. I got over 150 miles on new rear. First 60 or so just freeway. Less than an inch on each side left after this weekend. Get some heat into it and WOW! :D Solid feel 100%

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Being that you're a street rider you won't be able to truly find a difference in the tires you have other than longevity. My money gets spent on Michelins and that's it, they grip very close to the same from start to finish - can't say that about anyone else's tires.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for help guys. I should be ordering my new tires very soon. I would like to get it done before I put the bike away again for the winter. Thanks again for the advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.