Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I am looking to get an 4wheeler, by spring. So at this point i am not in a huge rush. I am in kind of a pickle in my head about what to do.

1) I am a dirt biker at heart
2) All my friends are picking up wheelers.
3) There are not many trails at allow bikes on wheeler trails around here. Also i am not really into MX or SX.
4) I dont have a cottage to ride at.

I would prefer a dirt bike over a wheeler. but because of 2 and 3 i feel that is the best bet for the most usage would be a wheeler...

As for my history on bikes and wheelers...im 24 now.
I got my first bike when i was 6 and rode bikes until i was 16 when i decided i wanted to ride the streets. i rode wheelers since i was 10, and still kind of do. but the utility types (220 bayou 's, 450 Kodiak's, Ranchers, ect.)

Most of the riding i will be doing is on the trails and the occasional track (if the wheeler is designed for that)

the other wheelers i will be riding with will be
07 Honda TRX
07 Polaris Outlaw
Honda 450 EX (iirc)

I really liked that TRX Allot! and thats kind of what i am looking at, but i would rather stay with Kawi, but i dont know much about there line up. I haven't had a chance to ride the Kawi.

So i am asking for help picking one out. and Is there a good Dirt bike and Wheeler forum out there somewhere? I would perfer to pick up a used one because of $$$. But i wont mind buying a new one if its worth it. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daum...ohh well

i think i found a Suzki anyways...I think ill just buy some Kawi plastics and convert it anyways....haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
daum...ohh well

i think i found a Suzki anyways...I think ill just buy some Kawi plastics and convert it anyways....haha

If it's a z400 every is identical, the artic cat dvx is the same as well except the plastic's. My 05 kfx has suzuki manufacturer tag's

·
Registered
249 Posts
^^^What he said. I just picked up a used 06 suzuki ltz 400. Same as the kfx 400 and dvx 400. Great quad and you can find them for under 3k if you look hard enough

·
Registered
143 Posts
if your getting a sport quad..I wouldnt go with the kawi. If you want to leave your buddys in the dust, look into the KTM 525xc quads. they are flat out insane.

I personally wouldnt buy a sport quad cause it would never get into the places that I take my kawi brute force 750. but the way I have my big 750 set up right now, I can hang with the little 400 and 450 sport quads no problems.

·
Registered
594 Posts
how are you goinbg to be riding this quad your wanting to buy track,trails or play

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Welcome! Well for ATV's I had a 2005 TRX450r which was awesome. Then I bought a 2006 LTR-450 and I loved it. It really depends on how you want to ride though. With the honda I was riding trails/racing and when I got the LTR mainly all I did was race. What are you looking to do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts