Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I came to these forums today looking for some help about some damage on my bike. Wow I'm already loving this place! There's a lot of useful information. I started riding in June this year 2008. So I'm pretty dang new. Stupidly I started off with my 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636cc. Only had about 700 miles on it. Of course as most beginners do I dropped my bike when parking two different times. Eeekkk it hurt lol... Paid $6200 only to put a few minor scratches on it right away! Oh well you learn you live. Not gonna ever happen again. It was obviously too powerful for me. However I love to seek a rush. A week before I bought my Ninja was the first time I ever set foot on a motorcycle. I took a training course and was craving a bike as quickly as possible.

Sadly I was the first person in my instructors 20 years of teaching to pull a high side crash on the course... (On the courses cheap 250 bikes) Luckily I wasn't going more than 15-20. I was packed up with jackets gloves and more so I walked away with a few scrapes. I've crashed once since then and it was a on a turn. I was stopped at a stop sign and then accelerated right over a dirt patch in the middle of the road (A spot where cars don't drive over...) and my bike slid out from under me. Gahhhh what a pain! MY BIKE! Surprisingly even though me and my bike slid 20 yards I was once again fine with only a few scratches a broken clutch handle and some ugly scrapes. (Actually the scrapes aren't on the plastic frame, but on a black metal that I can touch up!)

Anywaysss I'm at about 1600 miles on my bike now. I've ridden about 900 miles. I love every minute of riding. I've still got a lot to learn! In all honesty though my two minor crashes really have made me ride safer. I ride crazy, but I always ride safe knowing where and what's around me. I've gone up to about 130mph. I've full throttled in first and popped my front wheel off the ground switching to second. Crazy stuff! So that's me! Thanks for reading my boring story :) But do remember I am riding safe. I lost a really close friend in May to a motorcycle accident. So I'm pretty dang cautious when I'm getting ready to do something risky.

If you have any words of wisdom feel free to send them my way!

EDIT: Oh and here's a picture I took the day I bought the bike!
http://a522.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_ae535d30c6940106d7f36b45b4364d01.jpg

·
Registered
221 Posts
wow.... ummm.... yeah, crash on a 250 in an MSF course and 2 times in 900 miles on ur own bike and the second time ever on a bike you chose a 636.... i dont get down on people so im not going to start but the last paragraph and all the crashes within a couple months and several hundred miles i dont know dude...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow.... ummm.... yeah, crash on a 250 in an MSF course and 2 times in 900 miles on ur own bike and the second time ever on a bike you chose a 636.... i dont get down on people so im not going to start but the last paragraph and all the crashes within a couple months and several hundred miles i dont know dude...
Well the first crash was on the course in a turn. That was the second day I was on a bike. Then there was only 1 other crash which was on my bike. However that was simply because the roads extra wide. So cars take a right turn as other cars go straight. In between the two is a patch of dirt. I hit this patch wrong which slid it out. This was all around the start of me riding and I haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
83 Posts
welcome to kf bro. glad you like it here. good luck with everything and BE SAFE.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice Bike!!! If you plan on doing risking manuvers such as stunting I would suggest finding a stunt course or some other controlled environment, because there are just too many variables on public roads. Wecome to KF and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So I'm pretty dang cautious when I'm getting ready to do something risky.

dude, you're gonna have to be a little more cautious when riding a supersport as a first bike. 130mph anywhere but a race track is plain unsafe, no matter what the conditions.

tell you what... sign up for a track day somewhere and i GUARANTEE that it will take a week to get the damn smile off your face. at least that way, you won't have to worry about getting run over by a cager. until then, play it safe. work on form, not speed, while on the street.

stay safe. good luck!

s3aturnr

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
tell you what... sign up for a track day somewhere and i GUARANTEE that it will take a week to get the damn smile off your face. at least that way, you won't have to worry about getting run over by a cager. until then, play it safe. work on form, not speed, while on the street.

stay safe. good luck!

s3aturnr
:plusone:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Not liking what I'm reading, at the rate your going and in the mentality your in your gonna safely kill yourself sooner than later.

The first indication that you weren't ready for a 600 SS was when you highsided at the training course but you ignored the sign and bought one anyway. Then you crash like you don't care, and it doesn't phase you any. It really sounds like your expecting/waiting for the bike to conform to you and if you are good luck cuse it ain't gonna happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts