Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forums and to motorcycling as well. Last Saturday I bought a blue 2003 ZX6R and it's been a lot of fun. However, I do not have my permit or license or insurance yet, and I've only been riding it around this humongous parking lot (enough space to go 30 m.p.h.). Anyway, I get my permit this friday and hopefully my license in mid-August (along with insurance). Wish me luck!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
take the msf, unless this is your first bike, the zx6r is too big to take your test in. good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea respect and ride w/in your limits are the two things you should never forget. Goodluck you'll be riden everywhere in no time.[:M121]
And congrats on the pink scooter

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gear, wear your gear! I am sure everyone and there brother on this site and every other has a story about how gear saved them from injury. The saying goes, "Dress for the crash, not for the ride..."

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, definately wear the gear(no matter how hot, it pays off), respect the bike and you'll be fine. Welcome to the board and biking.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
dude, quick reminder that although a 600 seems small in the litre bike world, its still really really bigger than a 250, just be careful

·
Registered
239 Posts
congratulations on your new bike.

like many others said, take the msf beginner riders class if you haven't already, wear the gear and buy a set of sliders for your bike. and also use the search feature on this board; it will become your best friend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by Blue636

Hey all, I'm new to the forums and to motorcycling as well.
Whatever you do don't turn your head after doing a rider's wave to someone coming the other direction. I learned that the hard way. Cadillacs hurt =/

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everybody. I'm scheduled to take MSF on August 24th and 25th. That was as soon as I could get it, looks like those classes are really filling up. Anyhow, thanks for the welcome and the advice, I'm sure there is a whole hell of a lot I can learn on this board.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whatever you do don't turn your head after doing a rider's wave to someone coming the other direction. I learned that the hard way. Cadillacs hurt =/

What's a rider's wave?[?]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Over here in Australia we nod to eaach other. ie other sports bikes. People with smaller bikes (250's etc) and on there 'L' plates nod but dont get a response. This used to frustrate me on my Learners but when I got the zx6r and my full licence I kinda reliased why they didnt nod to me.

Gareth

Oh by the way Good luck. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I will nod to anyone except people on scooters [:p]
as i have said before "GET A REAL BIKE" lol

Anyway, goodluck with the riding and remember to watch out for cars with old straw or bowling hats in the back window !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.