Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have 2 basket cases. One is a 1998 ZX7R and it's been crashed in 2001 then rebuilt in 2009 and now I have the new project. The guy wasn't too mechanicaly inclined and couln't keep it running. I used to be a motorcycle mechanic as a young man so I know about these airboxes needing to be sealed tight. Got it running but have a turn signal problem. All 4 flash and it's got me stumped,wonder if the low draw of the LED might have something to do with it. The flaser is OK. Everything else I can fix

This will be a fun project.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
pics...

as far as the turn signals.. you got resistors in there with the lights? gotta balance the power out with resistors. even electronic flashers need a bit of resistance in the circuit. i'd be willing to bet theres a short across the signal channels in the tail.. most times thats where ppl get confused and tie all that shit together. separate all the wires and start from scratch

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Welcome to the site! Definately check if you have resistors. Just had this problem on a Ducati. We just put in, I believe they were 2 amp resistors ( Don't hold me to it) and problem solved. If you need a set, I think I have an extra set in my toolbox. Let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts