Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just stopping in and saying Hello im new to the forums! i have a 2007 ninja 650r and my friend wants to trade me his 2003 636 with 6,500 miles on it lots of custom work but 1 draw back it has a salvage title my bike is worth about 5k and his is worth 4800 abouts what do you guys think ?

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Welcome! While the 636's are baaad bikes I'd say stick with yours! I guess it'd be more logical to inquire what you 'want out of the bike', but anywho :p Check out xxXJasonXxx
He has a 650 that's making me consider picking one up next year (Bikes have a lot of potential)

Edit: I had to look, but here's a tasty picture of his bike
Thanks. It helps that they are powdercoated gloss black with a top coat of clear powdercoat. This is how they looked a couple days ago:
Taaasty

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome! As great as the 636 is, why does he want to get rid of it for yours? an 06 for a 03... Someone correct me if I am wrong, a 03 636 is not worth 4800?

Either way, your friend so you should know if anything is wrong with his bike. If not and you want, go trade!

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Not with a salvage title, unless they are willing to fork over some boot.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have an '08 650R and I love it! I wouldn't trade mine for a 636, mainly because its more comfortable for longer rides. But then again, its about to become my daily driver.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Two very different bikes. As said above, good for different things. Either way, your bike is almost def. worth more (I don't know what you mean by "custom work" that has been done to his bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts