Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't owned a bike in a number of years. Had a gs500, and just got bored with it. The bug started to get me again, so I've been looking around.

Found a 05 ZX6R 636 at a good price with some engine problems. Went to check it out, sounded like a serious rod knock, so I offered $1000 figuring I could either rebuild or replace the engine. Upon teardown, I found number 1 spark plug floating around in the hole. Pulled the engine anyway since there were only a couple bolts to go. Everything looked good on the bottom end, so I put the pan back and re-installed. Runs good. Having a sizeable oil leak from the valve cover area, so will address that soon.

I originally thought I would just flip this, but after running 200 miles last weekend with it, it's grown on me. The riding position is a little rough, but the bike is a blast.

Any way, I'm in my 50's, and not really interested in pushing limits. But the power and handling, sure make the limits way above what I thought they could be. I'm in central VA, so anyone with any advise on freshening things up, let me know. The bike has 38k miles.

Thanks for the info here!!!

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts