Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Black ZX-R6 on Saturday. I learned to ride it that same day, and have been progressing more and more each day. I just wanted to say hello to everybody.[:M9] It's so much fun, I can't believe that I didn't buy one sooner. I'm Alan, by the way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome 636ZX6R!

Good luck on this bike. Its a weapon so take it easy with BOTH the right wrist and the right fingers (on the brake). Before you do anything else go out and take the Motorcycle Safety Course. It is absolutely invaluable for new riders. Also if you havent already, spend as much as you can afford on getting good gear, IMO in this order: helmet (at least DOT approved); good leather jacket with back, shoulder, elbow, arm padding; good leather gloves; motorcycle boots; then motorcycle pants. Better to be hot and keep your skin, than cool and no skin.

Oh yeah, and if you are in the FW area and are interested in joining a local group, shoot me a PM.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Actually, spend what you have to on gear, even if you CAN'T Afford it... It may save your ass one day... minimum - full face helmet, gloves & over-the-ankle boots. Armored jacket (leather or mesh) is next.

Wearing your gear is the best insurance you have of being able to enjoy riding for a long, long time.

Welcome, Alan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Pics of the bike would be nice :) You should consider taking an MSF course like zxr6 fng mentioned. I took it in June, and I thought it was a great way to learn how to ride. Good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another new rider here in the UK. I'm on an ER6n and loving it. Stumbled over the forum today, neat stuff here - love the Women's section. Thanks to those who provide it! [8D]

Maineac

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Welcome to the site Alan. As earlier stated, get some gear and wear it. Also, an MSF course would be in your best interest. Nice choice on the bike and the forum.

--David

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, I'm taking it easy on her. I've put 48 miles since Saturday, all in a school parking lot. I bought a Shoei Diabolic 2 helmet.(couldn't beat the price). I don't have any gloves or a jacket yet. I'm scheduled to take the course in two weeks. I would have gone this Saturday and Sunday, but I have to work Saturday morning. I won't be riding any more until I get my license. I will post pics as soon as I can. So far, the hardest thing for me are right turns. I can lean/turn pretty good to the left, but I suck going right. Practice, practice, practice I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.